ESET Smart Security v3.0.650.0 released

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by agoretsky, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v3.0.650.0 has been released in Czech, Slovak and English. This release contains the following changes:

• Fixed problem with updating from a mirror http server when NTLM authentication is used.
    • Fixed problem with display of license expiration date.
    • Fixed integration issue with Microsoft Windows Mail under Windows Vista.
    • Fixed firewall issues.
    Licensed users can download their registered versions here from the Download section of ESET's web site.

Trial versions and versions in other languages will be available later.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks, just updated a short while ago. No problems other than the fact it seemed to take longer to log into my machine, could be a fluke, but who knows.

I'm running Windows Vista Business (SP1) 32 bit version.

3. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

My v642 updated Firewall Module to 20080402. What does v650 add to that?

4. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

The strange thing is that even though 3.0.650 is released on 2nd April, when you install 3.0.650 over the top of 3.0.642, the modules and virus definitions roll back to 13 March.

The following component versions are not present (replaced with older versions):

Personal firewall: 1038 (20080402)
    Antivirus and antispyware: 1108 (20080325)
    Archive support: 1075 (20080314)

When you manually request an update then everything updates to the latest as of 2nd April.

o_O

5. Concepts

Concepts Registered Member

I have a 2 year subscription to Nod32 is there a way I can try Smart Security even though I already have a 2 year paid subscription?

6. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

what 's the diference between this and the HK 650 version?

7. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

There is a 30 day demo version on the ESET website. You could try that. If you decide to upgrade I'm sure there is an upgrade option which will cost you less than a full license.

8. denis

denis Registered Member

9. Concepts

Concepts Registered Member

Ok thanks guys. :thumb:

10. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Same here...

11. GaryB

GaryB Registered Member

Quick question. I'm running ESS 3.0.642 with CounterSpy behind a Linksys G router. (Used to run AV 2.7 then 3.0 with Comodo as well) No probs at all so far with ESS and Counterspy, and router configured properly.

I know u must uninstall any other security apps prior to installing ESS, but does the warning to do so apply to ESET apps as well as other security apps?:

1) must u uninstall a current version of ESS prior to installing a new version (real pain) - in this case 3.0.650??

2) or can you just install the updated version over top? and ignore the warning message that "u must install other security apps prior to proceeding"

3) or is it better to just wait until the upgrade to 3.0.650 is pushed out with the usual updates?

I'm no noob, but this hasn't been definitively stated as far as I can tell. (If it has, :cool:

I don't have the time right now to spend correcting an install, so if someone can confirm I'd appreciate it.

TIA.

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Install over the top of any older ESS 3.0.5xx or 3.0.6xx version . The setup will detect you have one running and will perform in-place upgrade

13. Steel

Steel Registered Member

I find it very many worse that there is no statement of ESET. What had to be translated first ? The firewall rules ? Come on, where is the problem again for delay in releasing german Version ?

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Upgrade to 3.0.650 versions is not high priority upgrade .

Most likely nothing new but each and every new version/build must be strictly tested , this requires time. I hope you don't want working English version and not working German one.

15. caintry_boy

caintry_boy Registered Member

I can't get it to install. It gives an error message, "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact vendor". My cpu is an Intel E8400 3000Mhz cpu, it installed fine on my friends system and he has an E8400 also...... :'(

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you download the correct version for your system?

17. caintry_boy

caintry_boy Registered Member

Oooops.....:oops: Accidentally got the 64 bit version, my Windows is 32 bit.....:oops: :oops:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  18. tactical

tactical Registered Member

What username/password do I use to get the update? The same for the subscription?

19. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Sorry, but ESET, are you still testing the other language Version of Build 650 ?
    All the others of czech, slovak and english have to use the older one which consits bugs into Firewall you fix with 650 ?!!

Come, push out the others, the german for example.

Some official Word please.

20. lun3rst4r15

lun3rst4r15 Registered Member

i was curious do u need to do any advanced setting? or the one u get out of the box is good enough?

21. PTRACER

PTRACER Registered Member

Mine went from 30xx to 2945 (20080313) and I can't manually update it at all! It just sits there at 0%.

22. PTRACER

Finally moving, but very slowly...maybe around 9kb/s and I have 8Mb internet. Downloading a 9MB update despite the fact it was up to date already.

23. PTRACER

Everything is ok now...:)

24. Handries

Handries Registered Member

Thanks for finally having the Dutch version available:) . I installed it, and after a lengthy data base and virus definitions update it's now working great.

25. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.