Eset Smart Security OR NOD32 + Outpost Pro

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by CypherHackz, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CypherHackz

CypherHackz Registered Member

Right now Im using Kaspersky Internet Security. And I heard Eset has released Smart Security which combines their Nod32 antivirus with its own firewall. I am not sure whether it is good combination or not so I decided to give another options which is Nod32 plus Outpost Pro Firewall. So my question is, which one is better,

Eset Smart Security OR Nod32 + Outpost Pro Firewall?

Thank you.

2. Nitrous

Nitrous Registered Member

If you need better, functional protection, you should use Nod32+Outpost... ESS is too simple for advanced users.
    P.S. sorry for my english:D

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I would prefer this option as well...... although Comodo or OA may be good choices

4. CypherHackz

CypherHackz Registered Member

Hahaha... I made mistake. Double posting on this forum. I thought my post cannot be shown after I post. That is why I post it again in another category.

~snip~

starfish, why do you suggest comodo?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

One off-topic post removed.

Gentlemen, please keep in mind this is the Official ESET Support Forum and questions regarding other anti-virus software is off-topic to this forum. If you wish to ask a question about another anitivirus program, please start a new thread in our other anti-virus software forum. Also, please note we do not permit A vs. B antivirus threads per this policy.

Regards,

Snap

6. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

NOD32 plus another firewall.
    I found Webroot Firewall last Saturday with initial thoughts are that it is good.
    Certainly better than Outpost (for those not too familiar with firewals).

And, in vista, I stent 2 days trying to remove the ESS firewall when uninstalling ESS so I could install NOD32 & Webroot.

Hitech got it out for me once but after the 2 days I had to revert to a True Image with only Vista installed, with drivers, updates & configured then activated.
    I am now in the process of installing all my programs.

ESET's requires to do something about this uninstalling of the ESS Firewall.

7. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

ESS is user friendly and advanced users can set up all settings, which they want. It's sure that when all four components are combined in one application, computer works faster. But there is risk, because when malware stops it, you aren't protected. If it stops only antivirus, firewall will be work next time.

:thumb:

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

All the ESS firewall miss is behaviour analysis (HIPS) .

Well , to some extend I would agree but most malwares can also kill popular firewall's processes , too. :)

9. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

It was only example. ;)

10. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I like the antivirus & look n stop but that a personal preference, I just like the way LnS works...

11. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Personally I would not use ESS but ... I use outpost 4 rather than the 2008 product which is bug ridden in my expereince some find it ok.

Comodo and OA are both excellent firewalls ....just a case of what you prefer. The Hips functionality in Comodo is very comprehensive.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If the suite works for you, then that is the best solution. If it doesnt it will in time. I love their GUI and all that is included, but it wont work yet for me and honest to Eli Manning, I wished it did.. And you are right HT, some HIPS for the future might be nice or some sort of sanbox addition.

Keep in mind folks, the weather changes quickly here. And in a short time, the view for Eset may be very sunny.:cool:

13. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I'm going to keep using ESS. It's not perfect but other than one little problem it seems to work really well. Besides I have a router firewall. I'm only into this for the outbound control. I haven't had a single malware in my system since I started using ESET products.

I sometimes go into the forums of the competition and there are problems with their stuff too. I've used too many apps that were pure garbage to not know a good one when I have one. Besides Nod32 is so good that I have a lot of confidence in the ESET software developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.