eset smart security offline update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by seraph22, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seraph22

seraph22 Registered Member

i presently have a studio computer that is not connected to the internet and would like to install eset smart security 5 to give me some better protection...i was wondering if there is a way to offline update the signature database without having to manually hook my computer up to an internet connectiono_O?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Nope. Not directly - you can do it if you have a local mirror version on another machine and copy update files to a USB device or CD or other removable drive type item - but home edition only, you're out of luck.

3. seraph22

seraph22 Registered Member

very good...if i was to use a mirror what directory would those files being located in and what extensions do they have so i am able to identify the fileso_O

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it's been a long time - I recall the folder being called F:\nod_upd\ where F:\ was the USB thumb-drive device - I used to copy the entire folder of the mirror folder into that thumb-drive - over-write everything that was there - my mirror was configured to write to a custom folder that was D:\ESET_MIRROR\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.