ESET Smart Security disrupting torrents

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by smitz, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smitz

smitz Registered Member

I have been in a fix since long now.. my uTorrent and ABC Torrent won't boot up when ESET Smart Security is installed. However they work perfectly when it is uninstalled..
    Even Disabling the firewall fdoesnt allow uTorrent to boot. (or ABC).. i tried switching the firewall to interactive mode in order to allow network traffic thru.. but that doesnt work either.

I asked this problem in uTorrent forums, and as suggested by them.. the fault lies with ESET Smart Security firewall.

Any suggestions? Or would i have to buy a new Security system?

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I don't have a solution, but I can tell you that I have uTorrent with ESS without a single problem...

3. smitz

smitz Registered Member

so did i.. till my last shut down :(

4. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Strange.. what I have is a different thing: when opening uTorrent or PDF's the whole gui of ESS comes up in te middle of the screen. No idea why... hope to get a solution for this too...

5. smitz

smitz Registered Member

Actually i would like to explain my problem completely by quoting my thread from the uTorrent forums:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.