Eset Smart Security and Utorrent problems!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Milton, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milton

Milton Registered Member

Hi

I am a long time user of NOD32 and I wanted to give Eset Smart Security a test drive. I have Upnp enabled in my router and in my Utorrent and when I was using NOD32 and Outpost firewall I was always having green light and was connectable. Now I installed Eset Smart Security and I have NAT problems. Can somebody give me some tips how can I set up Eset Smart security firewall so my UPnp setting will show me as connectable again?

Thanks

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

There's a setting in the advanced setup to allow UPnP in the trusted zone (typically your LAN). Is it checked ? Also you may try switching to interactive mode (if not already done) and allow all activity for uTorrent.

3. Milton

Milton Registered Member

Thanks Panther. I already did exactly as you said. Enabled the Upnp and then set the Utorrent settings manually in the firewall settings. Now everything is working ok. ESS really looks promising. Looking forward for the final version.

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Can I ask what rules you made for Utorrent? I'm seen as unconnectable although I've allowed Utorrent access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.