Eset Smart Security and Newsbinpro, virus?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by meerkat80, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meerkat80

meerkat80 Registered Member

I am running Eset Smart Security 4.2.71.2. I am trying to install Newsbinpro V6.00F!. If I download the installer from the official website, i get the following error "7/7/2011 12:21:10 PM HTTP filter file http://www.newsbin.com/download.php?reg=1&filename=nb600F1.exe&version=6.00F1 probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus connection terminated - quarantined XP340\jim fillers Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe."

If I turn off filtering, I can download the installer but when I run it, I get the same error about nb600F1.exe. Can you help please? This is a clean program.

Thanks.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

I would suggest submitting a sample and then excluding the file if you are certain that it is clean.

3. meerkat80

Thanks for the help. I tried to submit the file but it fails with a not too useful message. Can I exclude the file no matter what directory it is in. There is an installer I have to run which downloads newsbinpro and places it in a temp directory, that gets flagged as possible virus. The install fails. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi meerkat,

Could you please confirm the issue persists with the latest version of virus signature update (6274)?

Let us know, thank you.

5. meerkat80

Thank you. I have been rebuilding this system and had entered the wrong username and password. That has been corrected and database updated. The problem is fixed. Thank you for you time and help.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.