ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 v3.0 Release Candidates available

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Marcos, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

I have installed the ESS since beta and have removed it each time as I cannot get it to allow my server running with FileZilla on port 2121 and I have tried port 21 default as well. Even with the latest I have installed and only run for an hour or so then uninstalled as FileZilla will not work.
    I have tried both auto and interactive modes to get this to work. In the interactive mode when I try connect to the file server I don't even get a pop up warning telling me I have Internet activity I just get a file server that is as tight as a drum and not allow anything through.
    Any suggestions from someone who has got a file server working with ESS would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Good idea.

I see you are running Vista. I assume ESS is running fine on it? I plan to install Vista on a box at home soon, and would like to run ESS on it.

3. ChickC

ChickC Registered Member

Am I missing the link or did you not post one? I sure would appreciate the file.
    Thanks

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I am running Vista with Eset Nod Antivirus, not ESS, but this is just running great.

5. Rolmos

Rolmos Registered Member

I run Windows Vista Business, and ESS RC runs fine. I haven't run into any problems with it, aside from some normal observations already reported on this forum.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I sent Big Apple a Private Message - that is why you are "missing" the file - download from here

for EA v3 RC1

7. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

nice configuration thx. i wonder why u didnt set web access protection to scan all files? Dont u think it is that necessary?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , I don't think it is necessary to scan all files , especially the web protection . I used to have problems with the traffic before and my web protection is enabled but only the most important functions (e.g. scan just selected default set of extenstions , Protocol filtering scans only HTTP ports and port 110) . This is the most important . Everything else should be handled by the real-time file system protection (a.k.a eAMON) :p

9. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

interesting. i used to have the exact opposite of your config. i set web protection to scan all files and realtime protection to scan only files with default extensions. well i guess this wasnt really smart.

10. ChickC

ChickC Registered Member

Thanks HiTech boy and Big Apple

Chick

11. JASTECH

JASTECH Registered Member

Well first I should say Howdy! as this is my first post on this board. I installed ESS RC1 3.0.141.0 about 4am today. I was a beta tester for OutPost Pro, Logitech, The Learning Center and Toms Hardware. Here is the system that it is running on. Just thought I would introduce myself :) Also, I just installed the ESS and it expires in like 3 days? Is there a new PW that will extend it? I am a retailer of NOD32 AV too.

CM Stacker 832
    GA-X38-DQ6
    Q6600
    G.Skill 4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB 320-bit
    2x Seagate ST3250410AS
    2x Samsung SH-S203B
    Zalman ZM-MFC2
    HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA 64bit

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3.0.141 ?

The latest public version is 3.0.414

If you don't have it , download a fresh one and reinstall:

1. Download fresh new ESS from http://www.eset.eu/download/beta
    1. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    2. Reboot the computer when prompted
    3. Delete manually these folders:

- C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

4. Install again ESS RC1 . Use Typical install and keep essbeta for username/password

13. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Think he was so excited, typing so fast, he got the numbers transposed. :)

14. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Please don't take this wrong but I can't understand how anyone can keep up with what is going on. I feel that the current Beta number should be posted and then only the posts pertaining to the latest version be under that number. I'm looking forward to the final release,but I was thinking of trying the Beta. I was trying to find when the latest Beta was released or how many versions have been tried?

15. JASTECH

Ok, I uninstalled teh RC1 I had and rebooted, removed files "eset" left over. After installing the newer beta version you stated it still shows Expires 11-1-2007. So that gives me just a couple of days to run this? It looks like I may have to look else ware for a VISTA 64 firewall. Thanks, JAS

16. JASTECH

I can't find a Documents and settings in VISTA 64 so I used regedit. BUt as I stated in the above post it is still 11-1-2007

17. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Hi,

I have Vista and I think the paths you need to delete are:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Eset
    C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Eset
    C:\ProgramData\Eset

These are the ones I removed a couple of months ago when I was having issues and needed a clean start.

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sorry , I forgot you mentioned Vista . Don't worry about . It is working fine now , right ?

As for the date , it is expiration date of the current Release Candidate version . Eset will either extend the license or will release a new version . Again - nothing to worry about :D :thumb:

19. JASTECH

Yes it is working fine, thanks! I hope they release something soon before I run out of days, lol. I have run many firewalls and AV's and stayed with NOD32 AV for a few years now and started selling it a few years ago too. I will run more tests on the FW and see how it protects. I still have a lifetime license from Agnitum for beta testing OutPost Pro but they have not adjusted to VISTA 64 yet and I can't leave these systems open to attacks. Thanks, JAS

20. mr_mojo

mr_mojo Registered Member

FYI Jastech.......................Agnitum has just publicly released a version of Oupost Firewall Pro thats works with 64bit Vista.

21. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

"works"??
    surely you mean "crashes"

22. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

The warning seems to have disappeared in the last few minutes - no more orange tray icon.

23. scottls

scottls Registered Member

Re: ESET folders left over, clean uninstall/install...- FIX!

;) I am a software tech. This is my standard uninstall/reinstall procedure (I almost never have to reformat XP! Knocked on wood!).-

1. I NEVER install ANY program update, over ANY older one (fast & dirty...!)! I always do a CLEAN uninstall, reinstall!-
    a. Restart & Click on the ESS icon and QUIT!
    NOTE. ALWAYS use "ONLY" the Windows Uninstaller!- MANY applications... set up a procedure in their folder that will final remove/reconfgure..., at "Restart!".
    -Most 3d party uninstallers… (dirty!)- remove EVERY trace… BEFORE Restart! This leaves MANY leftovers..., and future conflicts... (time to long reformat!)!
    NOTE1- ALWAYS Wait for your HD light to stop flashing (30 sec min.!).
    NOTE2- Almost nothing on XP is 100% complete, until AFTER a RESTART (never ShutDown!)! XP "LOVES!" Restarts!
    b. Restart & wait a few minutes (HD light to stop 30 for sec!), for XP to finish removing...
    1. Go into Explorer/Program Files..., Right click... on the ESET folder & Delete- DO NOT clean... from Recycle Bin until AFTER a Restart!
    a. Restart & wait about 2 min (always wait...!) for HD light to stop flashing (quick blinks too!)!
    b. Now I run safe freeware Cleanup v4.5.2 (review Options... first! ALWAYS reply "NO" to their fast Restart, & wait 1 min... & slow Restart manually!)- ALWAYS do a slow restart "!TWICE! (new indexes...!)" (CCleaner... too! New indexes...!))!!!
    c. I then run freeware Eusing Free Registry Cleaner v1.6 (ALWAYS slow "Restart" after running "EVERY/ANY" cleaner... (wait for HD light to stop, for at least 30 sec! (I wait 4 min on defrag!)).
    d. Now defrag your HD, WAIT1 min, and Restart "TWICE" (always on defrags!).
    2. Now install ESS (I've had BAD results..., with Advanced!?), & WAIT for HD to stop flashing (2 min...!)-
    Note: just because ANY application says, Restart Now/Finish..., it's NEVER really complete yet!- NEVER check "Open Now"!- Restart ALL… pgm... installs..., FIRST!
    a. Restart & patiently wait until ESS automatically downloads definitions..., before you open it!
    b. Do your Blackspears (Wilders- ESS expert!) recommended settings…, and RESTART.
    :thumb: DONE!
    P.S. Yea- it takes a little longer this way, but the good results... are well worth not having to fight with programs that malfunction...!
    (DELL XPS400, 3.2ghz Pentium D, WD Raptor C: HD (WOW!), 4gig Crucial memory...)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  24. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes that sounds like a good solution to do after and before you install some programs BUT...

I wont do so many restarts before Eset fix this thing whit the firewall
    everytime at windows start up 15 seconds after is the firewall malfunctioning and needs a restart, souns wierd to me :doubt: a restart after a pc upstart hmmm,,,

So firewall malfunctioning and needs a restart 15 seconds after windows upstart, fix this please before a final release,
    then can i do what scottls said about Clear installations.

SweX

25. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Re: ESET folders left over, clean uninstall/install...- FIX!

Blackspear has recommended settings for ESS? Where are they? I don't see a Sticky any where.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.