ESET Smart Security 5 Review From softpedia

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jc18, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jc18

Jc18 Registered Member

Link:http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/ESET-Smart-Security-5-Review-228264.shtml

EDITOR'S RATINGS:

User Interface: (4/5)
    Features: (3/5)
    Ease of use: (4/5)
    Pricing/Value: (4/5)
    Overall: (4/5)

The Good

Low usage of system resources and the great detection rate are the best features in package. More advanced users can rely on SysInspector to create system snapshots, compare them and spot alterations.

Antispam protection was pretty good and managed to keep most of the good mail in our inbox, with only a few newsletters being mismanaged. It integrates in most popular email clients and allows you to reclassify messages.

The Bad

In automatic mode, the firewall allows all outbound connections and blocks incoming communication.

Parental controls are not as flexible and option-rich as in other suites, and are based on the accounts available on Windows.

The Truth

ESET Smart Security 5 sticks to the basic components of a protection suite (and does a great job with them), which makes it the lightest in options and modules, as compared to suites from other security product vendors.

Overall, if you do not need richer parental controls, a firewall that generates fewer pop-ups, protection of personal information, a virtualization module or a link scanner for your search results, Smart Security from ESET is indeed a smart choice for you.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

one reason i went back looking at eset is due to THE LACK of all the garbage everyone else is now including i dont need facebook junk and backups from my av etc.. i want a av not everything under the sun

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats one of the reasons im using Eset as well. While other vendors become jack of all trades Eset focuses on what it is good at.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

and long may it continue. I remember all the 'stick with what you know' when when nod and a few other like dr web went into the suite line, ie av and firewall in one, I hate all the suite with optimisers etc, as I disable them and then feel like I'm not getting what I pay for!

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

zfactor and lodore, you made a wise choice. I totally agree with both of you.:thumb:

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

+1 Indeed! :thumb:

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

even though my 2 favs are ess and avast i have to say so far im a convert im even hoping to bring eset into my retail shop now

8. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have been using NOD32 since 7 years and switched to Eset Smart Security 2 years back and I love it! I tried using Avira Antivir and Microsoft Security Essentials and Avast! Antivirus, but they made my laptop slower and had a LOT of false positives it drove me crazy!

Eset focuses on removing viruses and does a pretty darn good job at it! You can't get anything lighter....you can't get anything more secure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.