ESET Smart Security 5 - Firewall Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Ashif, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashif

Ashif Registered Member

Hi,

Is there any way to customize ESET Smart Security 5 - Firewall to allow all connection for internet, PC sharing, ERP access, Remote Server Access i mean all the stuffs, ESET will not block anything never ever through its firewall, i don't want to turn off firewall as because its always prompt "Your Firewall is Turned Off" but it will act as an dead tools

Please note: i tired to allow sharing by adding the rules in rules and zone which doesn't work for me but if i turn off the firewall everything is just fine, my internet is working, pc getting access from other PC, but when i turn on this tools within few second i lost my all external connection!

- My Allow Sharing option is OK
    - I have created a rules also - its so simple but no luck - is there any other way.. please help

Regards
    Ashif

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If you don't want the firewall option, you could simply uninstall ESET Smart Security and install ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Same protection without the firewall.

ESET Smart Security DOES come with some other features outside of the firewall, like Parental Controls (v.5x only) and Antispam for Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail. If you want to keep these settings but simply 'disable' the firewall, you can set a rule to allow all traffic. Just check out the following KB Article:

kb.eset.com/esetkb/SOLN2852&ref=wsf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.