ESET Smart Security 4.every.version. failed

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SPITFIRE3, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPITFIRE3

SPITFIRE3 Registered Member

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and it has been running perfect.
    I had Nod32 antivirus V3 running perfect and when the Smart Security v4.0.314 was released I downloaded it.

When I was installing 4.0.314, the computer crashed and the blue screen appeared. I restarted the pc and Smart Security was installed but the firewall options cannot be used....

Then I read the v4.0.417.0 version was released and that it fixes the firewall problems, so I tried to uninstall 4.0.314 and I cannot. So I unistalled it "manually" deleting folders, regedit and everything, I read how to do that on a thread in this web.....

When 4.0.314 was uninstalled I installed v4.0.314 and the same happened, the installation window was working and suddenly crashed and blue screen appeared... I reboot the pc and when the desktop must appear crashed again and blue screen appeared again...so I enter in safe mode and uninstall it "manually"...

I tried several times and several times crashes and reboots....

Do you have any idea of why? Did I do something wrong?

Now I have AVG 8.5 free but I want ESET SS!!!

I intalled 4.0.314 on other pc with Win XP and its running prefect.....

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please set the system to create kernel or complete memory dumps per the instructions here, and compress it with WinRAR/ZIP. Let me know when done so that I can provide you with login information to our ftp. The dump should reveal the reason for BSOD so we'll be able to confirm or deny that ESS is the culprit.

3. SPITFIRE3

Bad news...I think CCleaner delete the file...I cannot find it....What do I do?

4. SPITFIRE3

Bad news....I think CCleaner delete it....What do I do?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you mean that the dump was deleted? I have no clue why CCleaner would delete it. If it does, try disabling it for the time necessary to create a dump and convey it to ESET for perusal.

6. stevenz

stevenz Registered Member

When I was installing 4.0.314, the computer crashed and the blue screen appeared. I restarted the pc and Smart Security was installed but the firewall options cannot be used....

Then I read the v4.0.417.0 version was released and that it fixes the firewall problems, so I tried to uninstall 4.0.314 and I cannot. So I unistalled it "manually" deleting folders, regedit and everything, I read how to do that on a thread in this web.....

When 4.0.314 was uninstalled I installed v4.0.417 and the same happened, the installation window was working and suddenly crashed and blue screen appeared... I reboot the pc and when the desktop must appear crashed again and blue screen appeared again...so I enter in safe mode and uninstall it "manually"...

I tried several times and several times crashes and reboots....

I intalled 4.0.317 on other pc with Win XP and its running prefect...
    (4.0.417 here,and good also)

exactly the problems i have.
    regards
    Steven

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What is the error code shown on the BSOD?

Colin

8. stevenz

stevenz Registered Member

hello bodgy
    error was
    stop:0x0000000a,(0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x81c410EC)
    not sure if it is the same every time though.
    i only managed to write this one down.
    thank you
    Steven

9. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Is there anything in Event Viewer that could help pinpoint the problem?
    Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>System (and Application). Any errors or warnings?

Are you sure there's nothing in
    My Computer>C:>WINDOWS>Minidump? There usually is and if there isn't and it's already set to be recording a log then I have no idea why it wouldn't record it.

You should download and install WinDbg from Microsoft to analyze any future STOP errors that many leave a .dmp file in your Minidump folder. It should say "Probably caused by:____" which tells you what driver probably caused the STOP error. If the faulty driver is related to ESET (e.g. eamon.sys) then I would e-mail ESET asking for help on what to do next.

Regards,

Mark.

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think your problem is the Eset driver and another one attempting to load at the same time.

If you can, enable Vista boot logging and then in the resulting text file see what drivers are either aborted or failed to load.

Colin

11. SPITFIRE3

I have MEMORY.DMP in a zip file....waiting for instructions...
    Thanks 4 the help!

12. SPITFIRE3

I think it was the same

13. SPITFIRE3

How do I enable Vista boot loggingo_O?

14. SPITFIRE3

I am not alone!!! :D

15. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Boot the computer and press F8 just after the BIOS has finished displaying its bumph. From the Advanced Boot Options menu, highlight Enable Boot Logging, and then reboot.

You will find the text file called ntbtlog.txt in your \Windows folder

Colin

16. SPITFIRE3

Ok thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.