ESET Smart Security 4.0 x64 BSOD

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GrompA76, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrompA76

GrompA76 Registered Member

Hi,

Today I tried to install the latest (trial) version of ESET Smart Security 4.0.314, the x64 version. While installing, during the phase displayed as "Installing drivers", the screen turns black and after a few seconds I recieve a blue screen of death (BSOD), with the following error: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Upon restart ESET starts but complains about not being able to communicate with the firewall (or that it's not installed / not properly working). Although shortcuts for uninstallation etc. has been created in the start menu, these can't be started - they point to empty locations. After some manual cleaning, it won't let me reinstall and instead gives me "setup ended prematurely because of an error".

Does anyone know what is causing this (probably the firewall driver?)? I would really like to know how this error could be fixed.

Thanks.

PS. My system is Windows Vista x64 SP1.

EDIT:

Screenshot #1: The blue screen of death, upon installing.
    Screenshot #2: The notification being display after reboot.
    Screenshot #3: The main screen of ESET after reboot.
    Screenshot #4: The empty "about"-dialog.

SysInspector Logfile: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a1ihzzzyjj1/SysInspector-VB73G32H6LM28Q-090320-1530.zip

These screenshots and the sysinspector logfile were taken on a virtual machine running (with the same configuration) on the affected computer, since I after this incident has reformatted my computer. Although, the errors and such are exactly the same.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

3. GrompA76

Thank you for your reply. I have created a support request on the link which you provided. Since I found no way of attaching any files to the support request, I have also edited my first post with screenshots and, as requested, the SysInspector logfile (and provided the link to this post in the support request).

4. psyko12

psyko12 Registered Member

I had the same issue with vista x64 and eset nod smart sec v4. But I was running on Sp 2 Beta v 113. Same symptoms. I reformatted and used only SP1 so far so good no bsods as of late

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to check, is (or was) the computer attached to a legacy (IPX/SPX) Novell NetWare network?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. GrompA76

No, it's connected to a router/modem, by TCP/IP. I don't have anything related to Novell on my computer/connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.