Eset Smart Security 4.0.437 l Windows 7 Bug

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mulkman, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulkman

mulkman Registered Member

Hi,

Theirs a bug in the Eset log viewer under Windows 7. When you choose "Eset personal firewall log" from drop down menu, eset goes into an endless loop, which results in non stop refreshes of firewall log

2. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello mulkman,

Thank you for the information about ESET Smart Security and Windows 7. This message will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review. Some current information about ESET Security Products and Windows 7 can be found here:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2197

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you positive that you didn't enable logging all blocked connections and nothing is being written to the log when it's refreshed?

4. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I can confirm that this is happening. I was looking at the logs a lot during my problems described here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=250573 and the log viewer goes into an endless loop and continues to do so even after the main window is closed. The only way to get out of the loop (as far as i know) is to change view from "Eset personal firewall log" to something else.

5. mulkman

Ok I tell you what, i'll create a short video and upload it onto youtube

6. mulkman

Hmm...

it's working now

After completing a registry clean

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Based on the description of the issue, it sounds like the firewall log is refreshing as you attempt to view it.

Are any of the options in the ESET Smart Security user interface under Setup → Personal Firewall → IDS and Advanced Options → Troubleshooting enabled? If so, does disabling these make any difference when viewing firewall logs?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.