ESET Remote Administrator Console showing infected files on a client, but threat log

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ArondeParon, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArondeParon

ArondeParon Registered Member

We recently deployed ESET NOD32 Antivirus on our small domain network and use the Remote Adminstrator to manage everything remotely.

On a recent full system scan, one of the clients shows 10 infected files of which 4 have been cleaned in the scan log. The strange thing, however, is that the threat log is empty.

Is there any reason why the threat log is empty?
    What has happened to the 6 remaining uncleaned files?
    Where can I view information on what files are infected and what they have been infected with? I know this can be done through the scan log properties screen, but with 958790 files scanned, I obviously do not want to browse through this list.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Check the on-demand scanner logs instead of the threat log.

3. ArondeParon

How would I do that? The remote console mentions no such thing. If you are talking about the log that is mentioned when double clicking a scan entry, please remember I already said this is completely useless as it is unsorted and mentions 958790 entries. This also does not answer the question of why these threats are not mentioned in the threat log. Have I configured something incorrectly? It seems only logical that the threat log shows everything I want to know about the current status of my network.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  4. ArondeParon

Any ideas?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Currently threats detected by protection modules are distinguished from threats detected by the on-demand scanner.

It sounds like you enabled logging of all scanned files, including clean ones. This is not recommended as it would generate significantly large logs. If such logs are subsequently transferred to ERAS from a higher number of clients or to another ERAS during replication, it might render ERAS unresponsive due to processing GB of data at a time.

ERA4 allows filtering log entries so it's possible to show only threat detections and hide clean files.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.