ESET Remote Administrator Console: not automatically updating the ip add assigned

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by irizarisan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irizarisan

irizarisan Registered Member

ESET Remote Administrator Console
    Version: 3.1.11

Concern/Problem description:

This was notice on most of the pc setup in our workstation and then installing the NOD32. At first, the client reported in our ERAC with the assigned ip address.

Now when we deploy the pc to the client and then monitoring on the ERAC, it shows that the client is not reporting back and is still using the old ip address.

Also notice that some of the clients have the same name with prefix number. example.

original client name: pc01

ERAC Client shows.

Client name:
    pc01 0001
    pc01 0002

although two of the client name shows different ip address also.

Any comments from the ESET support and forumers who have encountered and resolve the issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot..

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hasn't the MAC address of the NIC on clients changed since they connected to the ERAS for the first time?

3. irizarisan

Marcos,

Good day! Thanks for the post.. let me verify on the mac addresses of the affected pc. I may need to adjust the custom view to display the mac addresses..

4. irizarisan

Marcos,

Confirm that the assigned mac is different with the assigned client name. once concern though is that when i try to delete the previous entry of client name from the ERAC. It hang up.

I had tried closing and then opening again and got the same issue..

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the MAC address changes on clients you need to enable MAC address renaming (from valid to another valid) in the advanced ERA setup. Let us know if it helps. Still, there shouldn't be a problem deleting clients, maybe you could delete the ERA database (with the ERAS service stopped) so that it's created from scratch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.