Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by naYan, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naYan

naYan Registered Member

Oct 2, 2007

I am in a strange experience with this latest release. I have been using NOD for a long time and have used all the beta security suite versions.

But with RC1 I have a strange issue which I have not been able to fix even with all the suggestions given in all posts here. So I banged with a new thread.

I have two systems

Desktop - 512MB RAM - 80GB HDD - 2.6GHz Intel P4 - Win XP SP2
    Laptop - 512MB RAM - 120GB HDD - 1.73GHz Intel Dual Core - Win Vista Home Basic 32bit (this is more updated and frequently used)

The latest RC1 is working great with Desktop but when ever I try to install it to laptop it pops up a message

"the installation package may have problem. Error Code - 2753".

All methods tried, and as this is first time for NOD to do the same I am confused. Also no other version is doing any thing wrong, it is just the RC1.

:oops: Please help!!!! :oops:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2007
  2. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Try redownload!
    And give more info like : UAC it's enable/disable, did you make an upgrade of ESET RC1,if so did you manually clean previous installation (folders & registry)
    Some info you can find here but i don't know if applay for vista too
  3. naYan

naYan Registered Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Thanks Bro!!

I have tried al of these....redownloading and all but the problem remain and very specific to this system, my laptop.

I don't have any other security products which I did clean out manually as well as systematically.

And the problem is specific to RC1 only. I can install all other previous versions. And NOD32 AntiVirus runs great with no issues.

Below is more detailed info on the same here:

Information about installed components
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Base
    Version: 2.70.32
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Internet support
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Standard component

Operating system information
    Platform: Windows Vista (TM) Home Basic
    Version: 6.0.6000
    Version of common control components: 5.82.6000
    RAM: 502 MB
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz (1728 MHz)

Also, just noticed one small crap in my system. Though I have done through cleaning of all security products from my system, even registry, still I see them active when I go to the Vista security centre.

I wonder now.....:gack:
  4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Im not exactly sure but isnt vista supposed to have a minimum of 1gig of ram to function correctly with other applications (other than the OS) installed?
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Nov 22, 2002
    Please run
    ess_nt32_ENU.msi /lvx* install.log
    and send install.log to support[at] with this thread's url in the subject.
  6. appster

appster Registered Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Paradise (Hawaii)
    Min = 512MB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.