ESET RAC v4 + adding manualy push install

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by dsi-ap, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Hi all,

In the old version3 of RAC I was able to right hand click on the white pane of 'remote install' tab and add manualy either by IP or client name the machines I want to push the package out too.

now in v4 I have to wait for RAC to pick these clients either by ip filters or AD pickup.

Had a look around the FAQ pages on eset and some online videos but dont see an a way to be able to manualy add the clients my self.

Why has this been taken out or hidden out of view? Make our life to push eset to client alot harder.

Your advice welcome, thank you.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi dsi-ap,

In the Remote Install Tab, you have the ability to select Unregistered Computers on the lower left.

An important feature for Search Results:

Custom List
    IP Search

Right Click on Custom List, you will be able to create a group with "computer names".

Right-click on IP, you will be able to search by ip range.

Hope this helps.

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

There are step by step directions with screenshots available here.

4. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Hi Both,

I did play around before with the custom ip filters etc...

Still the newly built machine is not showing on the RAC after been added to the domain over 2hours ago.

Like i said before, i just dont see why ESET decided to take out the manual entry option from RAC.

[UPDATE]
    Thanks for your input on this rockshox this method of importing form text file works for me, although long winded method if only doing one machine...
    Would be good if eset re-add the feature to add manually by RHC on the remote install pane.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  5. jholbrook

jholbrook Registered Member

I totally agree. I am constantly running into problems with trying to install to new/unregistered machines.

I manually put in the IP address in the IP Search box, wait 10 minutes while it refreshes, and then it shows me a completely different machine with a different IP. The new setup is pure crap.

Come on ESET! Fix this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.