ESET RA Console Virus Signiture warnings

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by mlynchit, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlynchit

mlynchit Registered Member

Hi All

I have recently purchased ESET Smart Suite (the firewall version... some fancy name....) for a 10 pc/1 server network.

The software is fantastic. I was particulary impressed by the SysInspector. This would be a valuable tool even on its own!

I have some concern with my Remote Administrator Console. I frequently get a bright red highlighted cell saying "Some Old" in the Virus Signiture DB State column.

This is a litle over the top??

Considering I have only one computer that is 2 days out of date, and one computer that is one day out of date. And considering that the same computers have not made server contact for the same period of time.

Is there an option to reduce the warning threshold?

Cheers (mate),
    Michael

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

You cannot change the threshold for older versions of the Virus Signature Database, but you can change the coloring scheme by connecting to Remote Administrator, then clicking tools > console options > colors tab. In the Pane and column list, select "Clients: Previous Version" and you can change the color it turns when the DB version is out of date (both when highlighted and not). You can do the same with "Clients: Older Version or N/A".

However, you CAN change the threshold for clients with a last connected warning. In the console options > Colors tab, click to highlight "Clients: Last Connected". Then you can change the interval for the last connecting warning. The drop down on the right offers Hours, Days, Weeks, or months. You can also change the coloring options here.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Matt
    Eset

3. mlynchit

mlynchit Registered Member

Thanks Matt.

I'm pretty sure the virus pattern date is going to go stale very quickly if the client has not conneced, and by default both warnings are set to pretty much the same colour.

So basically, with the default settings, I am going to be warned with a red highlighted cell after like 2days that some patterns are out of date(mostly due to the computer being powered off). And then in 1 week, I'm going to be warned, with exactly the same colour, that some computers have not connected(and therefore have out of date patterns)!

I'm not sure exactly how useful or intuitive that feature really is.

Perhaps something to clean up in future releases

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.