ESET, Prevx 3.0 with Safe Online + WOT site advisor

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by newbie2247, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Does ESET SS, paid Prevx 3 with SafeOnline and WOT site advisor work together or is that too much for ESET? Do they all play nice together?

I am getting a new computer (Windows 7 I am sure) and I really have to know if these 3 all get along just fine or not. If I wreck this new `puter by creating a conflict I am done for, LOL.

While I'm setting it up I'll really need to know if I can add the WOT site advisor. I find it very helpful while Googling.

Will it tax ESET with Prevx or is it perfectly safe and fine to use? Will it create a "sotware conflict" or not? I can't imagine that it would but with my luck these last 2 weeks (see my other posts in here and the Prevx Forum) nothing would surprise me.

A note if interest: A couple of years ago (before I ever heard of Prevx) I asked ESET if it was OK to use WOT site advisor and they didn't exactly flat out say NO or rule it out. What they told me was "you don't really need it because if you hit a bad site the ESET/Nod 32 AV will catch it and protect you". That's saying a lot but we all know ESET isn't infallible and the perfect AV. Ergo, all of our extra layers of protection we all use - mostly on demand. But the WOT site advisor will be on all the time along with ESET SSS and Prevx 3.0 with SafeOnline.

I hope the later 2 are compatible with Windows 7. Gee, I forgot to ask that question also. Are they? Must know that also.

Need users and moderators knowledgeable about ESET and Prevx and Windows 7 as well as any and all replies, etc.

I aet my current computer to factory settings thinkng and believing I had a software conflict because every scan known to man can out clean as a whistle. Guess what? It's still acting hinky. Also, the daily scheduled ESET scan I set up did not run. Bad sign. So, I must have a virus, worm or something that Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, Nod32, Prevx and Superantispyware have not found. All come out clean.

What else would prevent the scheduled scan from running? I am still getting MS updates. Must've installed 150 already and they still keep coming.

One last thing. Am using hubby's laptop right now so if you wouldn't mind, you have the option to also send replies to my gmail box: patsto99 at gmai dot com for me to get them sooner. Up to you.

A welcome miracle would be to find out what's wrong with my current `puter is all those programs haven't found anything at all.

Thanks in advance. You all have been so helpful and sorry to be so technically challenged but I truly need answers to ALL my questions.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

From my own experience, yes they do all play nicely together.

EDIT: But please note the suggestion I made in post #6 of the following thread regarding the use of default settings where you asked a very similar question: -

Nod32/ESET SS - Prevx compatibility question

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

@newbie2247: There will be no compatibility problem. You are good to go :thumb:

4. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Thank you guys. That is very nice to know. Appreciate it muchly. :D

Finally broke down and bought a nice new PC yesterday morning. Everything went wonderful until I downloaded and installed the Prevx that I just bought on 12-03-10 which ran great on my old and diseased `puter.

Jump over to the Prevx forum and check out the post I just now put up. My new signature has my new `puter info. You're not going to believe this one.

Do I have a black cloud over my head or what? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.