ESET - Please Explain

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by K1LL3M, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

Why are ESET delaying the availability of ESS.

ESS has been released now for week and I still can not obtain a up to date copy.

Why? Apparently because I live in Australia.

I have contacted our distributor and have been told that it will be available when ESET make it available. (as have others who's posts I have read)

I have been actively involved in the beta test, like many others here. Why were beta testers not provided with access to the final release, regardless of location? I am not talking about a free lunch here, I just mean access to upgrade.

I would like to hear from a representative of ESET to please explain this personally offensive business decision to a portion of there customer base.

2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I have downloaded the latest version twice from the AU site, and I don't live in aussie land. The latest is 563, has been available since last Friday or Saturday.

Go to downloads and you get this, go to the highlighted option below.

Download

+ Upgrade to ESET Smart Security is currently not available!
    + If you purchased your license in Australia you will be able to
    upgrade to ESET Smart Security free when ESET provides us
    with an upgrade path.
    + We apologize for this delay, but it's out of our hands.
    + Please check back here periodically for updated information.

Licensed users can upgrade to ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 at no cost right now.
    The first commercial ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 and ESET Smart Security releases can be downloaded here
    Trial versions of both programs can be downloaded here
    ( As with any new program, these first release versions may not be 100% bug-free! )

Purchased Software
    Licensed users can download the full version of the NOD32 Antivirus System

Trial versions
    Try the NOD32 Antivirus System for free.

Manuals / White Papers / Case Studies
    Download documentation for ESET products.

Free Cleaners
    Free malware cleaners by Paolo Monti (NOD32 Italy)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

All people have access to the release version, either the commercial or the one with temporary username/password for evaluation. Both should be downloadable from the ESET's website as well as the websites of our distributors/resellers.

4. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

You are correct that you can download NOD32, however the post relates to the availability of the Smart Security Suite; which is not available.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have inquired our marketing dep. about this as it surprised me too. ESS has been available to public and I'm not aware of any problems with upgrade for v2 users.

6. MaikuB

MaikuB Registered Member

I think it'd help if you clarified what the problem is for others to understand because you can also download ESS from the AU site. What isn't possible atm is to get the free upgrade from NOD32 for the duration of our current license or purchasing a new license. I'm guessing your post was about one of those two problems (or even both), however, from your post, it's not quite clear what the problem you're talking about is.

7. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

Sorry Marcos, but any links to download redirect to our local reseller. Downloads require activation codes, which fail when entered. The full registered version is unavailable to date. A link exists to download but there is no way to purchase it to obtain licence codes

Trial ESS is available from the Australia website, in that I stand corrected and apologise. The download trial path only identifies NOD32 but if you follow it through, it does provide the option of ESS V3.0.560.0 (Trial).

#edit version of trial

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  8. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

The post was in relation to being unable to obtain any current released ESS. In this I stand corrected and have apologised, the trial version at least is available though the path to get there suggests only NOD32 on the australian website -

"NOD32 Version 2.7 with enhanced rootkit detection now available!

Experience real-time, zero-day protection against viruses, worms, adware, spyware, phishing and rootkits for an entire month.

Download the free 30-day trial of the award-winning NOD32 software now. Find out why it is critically acclaimed as the best antivirus software available. Select your desktop version below and protect yourself from even the most harmful threats."

Does not mention ESS.

On the download purchased software links a registration is required. (does not provide download trial link) and I was unable to purchase a copy, only provides NOD32 licensing options, no ESS.

9. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

There are problems in upgrading from NOD32 v2 to ESS.

After purchasing the upgrade, I received confirmation of my order and was supplied with a temporary username and password by betterantivirus.com, followed 30 minutes later by another username and password from eset.sk.

Neither username/password will allow me to download ESS, only NOD32.

I currently have an open support ticket about this which will hopefully be sorted very soon.

10. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

If you go into the section I highlighted ALL ESET products are there, including ESS.

===========================================
    ESET Antivirus v3.0 - English Language

NOD32 3.0 Antivirus for Windows XP/2000/Vista (32-bit) 15.00 MB Download
    NOD32 3.0 Antivirus for Windows XP/2000/Vista (64-bit) 16.00 MB Download

ESET Smart Security - English Language File size

ESET Smart Security for Windows XP/2000/Vista (32-bit) 18.00 MB Download
    ESET Smart Security for Windows XP/2000/Vista (64-bit) 19.00 MB Download

More are also here, but of no concern to this topic.
    ========================================================

the same applies to the Trial section

11. EnGenie

I've just another email from betterantivirus.com correcting my new license expiry date.

Unfortunately I STILL cannot download ESS using the supplied username and password, only NOD32 3.0. :mad:

Obviously someone has screwed up the product associated with this license, although my invoice clearly shows that it is an upgrade to ESS.

Is anyone else having similar problems in upgrading and downloading ESS?

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

13. K1LL3M

K1LL3M Registered Member

Your correct the download links are here, but they require licensing to use, and there is currently no way to obtain a license version of ESS from the Australia site.

The trial version on the other hand can be download, though as stated the path is somewhat miss leading. The downloaded trial version is v556 and not current v563

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

and PLEASE supply the order number! The problems with orders/expirations/products are all being fixed - these things are MUCH quicker to get sorted out if we have ALL the information required though!

15. EnGenie

I received 2 emails about an hour and a half ago, one from Computer Security Solutions Support and one from eset.sk supplying another new username/password and correct license details. (Third time lucky!)

I already thought of that and supplied all relevent information in my response to the support ticket.

I have now been able to download and use ESS :D

Thanks guys. :thumb:

Best regards,

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.