ESET Personal Firewall Miniport needs driver

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by daryld, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daryld

daryld Registered Member

Using Vista, it's up to date. Get system error that ESET Personal Firewall Miniport needs a driver installed. Went to ESET site and found that current version of ESET Smart Security 4x is supposed to fix the problem. I already had it installed, but went ahead a followed the instructions to remove the program and re-install it. I did that and now get "ESET Personal firewall initialization failed" along with the system error. I tried to uninstall the "unknown" driver, but Vista won't let me do it, even in Safe Mode. I see where another person fixed this same problem by doing a system restore. I don't know if it' Vista, or Dell, but my system restore was turned off. I turned it back on yesterday, but that was too late to help. I need HELP!
    Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also try running the NDIS fix tool.

4. daryld

daryld Registered Member

I did the first uninstaller and the install program didn't work. I repeated and added the second uninstaller, and it said the the firewall was OK, but the virus part wasn't working. I then did a normal uninstaller, then re-installed the program and everything is green now. Thanks for the help!
    -- Daryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.