ESET & Outlook Programmatic Access Security

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by loyukfai, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyukfai

loyukfai Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. loyukfai

Re-installing NOD32 didn't help. But I’m onto something else…

If Outlook is started a few minutes after the system finished booting (after the Startup Scan?), the status will become “valid”.

However, if Outlook is started at boot, and as long as it’s running, the status will remain “invalid”.

It’s possible to restart Outlook after a few minutes and the status will also become “valid”.

Any idea...?

BTW, I found that the ESET certificate under Outlook’s Trust Center is an expired one. Not sure if it’s related or not.

Attached Files:

3. loyukfai

OK... I'm a monkey... : )

Maybe it's not related to NOD32 afterall. Cause I tried Microsoft Security Essentials and AVAST Free (separately, after NOD32 was uninstalled), and they had the same problem.

The only scenario that made a difference was when there's no antivirus solution installed at all. In that case, the status remains "invalid" indefinitely...

If anybody has any idea, please do let me know...

Still have no idea about that ESET certificate though. Even when NOD32 was uninstalled it remained there.

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.