ESET outbound warning - RapidBIT\cidaemon.exe

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by brucemc, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucemc

brucemc Registered Member

ESET is asking me if I want to let Application: Host Process contact 208.69.36.231 and then also 208.69.36.230. When I looked at "Advanced Options", the calling application is listed as C:program Files (x86)\RapidBIT\cidaemon.exe, remote port of 80, local of 49940 on both TCP and UDP.

As I never saw this before, I am rather nervous - anyone able to identify friend or foe?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This is probably not a problem, especially if given the following...

Did you install and are you using the RapidBIT download manager and file organizer? That file is supposed to be part of that software.

Are you using OpenDNS? The two IP addresses are one of the possible results of the DNS lookup on the host (OpenDNS varies IP addresses a lot):

google.navigation.opendns.com

When you research that, you find it is part of the OpenDNS services for special lookups related to things like the google toolbar and other software.

If you are using that software and OpenDNS, then all ESS is telling you is that a new connection, probably not seen before(?), was being made by the RapidBIT service. Since it is a type of redirection, a warning like would not be unexpected.

3. brucemc

brucemc Registered Member

Thank-you - I do not ever recall installing RapidBIT, but found that in my installed programs so uninstalled it. I really hate surprises when it comes to my computer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.