ESET online scan proxy?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jeffce, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffce

jeffce Registered Member

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I have run into this while running an online scan >>
    The problem is that there is no proxy that is enabled? What is causing this? I apologize if this has been covered someplace already and I didn't see it.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what browser are you using and do you have scripting enabled? any other security software in use that might be blocking it? Do you suspect malware?

3. jeffce

jeffce Registered Member

I have seen it with both IE and FF on occasion. It does not happen often but it does happen.

When I am helping an OP with their malware removal problems at some of the forums I normally use ESET towards the end so a bulk of any malware has been removed and all that should be left are residual entries.

As to the question about other antivirus or real time security software, the OPs are instructed to disable all of this and the error still occurs.

4. jeffce

jeffce Registered Member

Does no one have an answer for this by chance?

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Do you see this on malware infested machines? If yes, it could be due to malware and in order to fix it you would need to remove the malware first and possibly repair the comp as I'm sure you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.