ESET Online Scan Impressive Results

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by rpk2006, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpk2006

rpk2006 Registered Member

I have been evaluating ESET Online Scan and Trend Micro HouseCall Online Scan since last couple of days. Both have a very good detection rate of known malwares. However, in this type of program module, ESET takes the lead as it offers other features like: Scan archives and Scan for potential unwanted apps.

One more impressing feature of ESET is to scan password-protected archives. While scanning a 105 MB 7z archive, it made me wait for a few minutes but accurately detected Win32.Chir.B worm.

ESET engine is always the favorite for detecting unknown malware and in my tests it detected variants of known malwares.

Among the Cons of ESET online scan is that it takes a lot of time to update the definitions and it doesn't offer to scan a different path. You have to simply close the module.

How is your experience with ESET web scan?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

When run, the ESET Online Scanner always downloads a complete set of virus signatures in order to ensure that threat detection is current. As of January, 2011, the size of this database is around 20-30MB in size and should take no more than a couple of minutes to download on a broadband connection.

As this free program is designed to help people with a current malware infiltration, it performs a full scan of the system. If you are interested in scanning just a particular directory, you can contact ESET's sales department to obtain a trial license for ESET's software, which provides this functionality.

For more information, please contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.