Eset now stopping me opening attachments in outlook when sending mail (Recent issue)

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by adza, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adza

adza Registered Member

Hi,

I've noticed a problem that's just occurred in the last few days. I can replicate the issue on many different computes in different networks.

The problem is this. If I use Windows Explorer to send a file via email attachment (ie, right-clicking on file and choosing Send To -> Email Recipient), the attachment shows up in a new message in Outlook's attachment bar. However, if I double-click on the attachment to view it (to make sure I've got the right file for instance), it will not open.

If I create a new email normally, and manually add the attachment - I'm able to open/view it fine. It's only when using the send to -> email recipient feature, or if I use send to email recipient through certain applications.

If I disable EES security, this feature works fine. I haven't made any changes to my computer, or any of the other systems recently, except allowing Eset updates, so I believe it's got to do with the updates.

This is happening on Outlook 2010 32bit computers on domains, and also in workgroups / stand alone. It's occurring on every file format I've tried so far (csv, txt, xls, etc).

Can someone please confirm if this is a new 'feature' of EES, and if so - if there is a setting to disable this, or whether there is a bug in the latest version.

I'm running 5.0.2126.0
    Signature Database 8003 (20130213)
    Update module: 1041 (20120430)

Cheers

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Strange, I've tried it here and it works okay. I've just tried with a .png and a .txt.

Outlook 2013 32-bit on Win 7 64-bit, using Eset Endpoint 5.0.2126.0

Jim

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. adza

adza Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. In our instance, it appears to be occurring on Outlook 2010. Outlook 2013 seems to be unaffected (at least with the computer's we're running it on).

Turning off READ EMAIL in the email clients setting has corrected the issue on my machine. I'll roll it out to some of the others and see if it works there, and if so I'll look at submitting a bug report.

Thanks for your help!

Adza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.