ESET Not able to run the update!!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by adscnet, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adscnet

adscnet Registered Member

Hi All,

I am using ESET Remote Administrator to manage the workstations in my LAN, ESET update was working fine on all workstations till
    we decided to disconnect & isolate all the workstation from the internet & keep only the protocols of the emails working (means the PCs can’t browse the internet but can receive emails).

The question now is, since the ESET (my server) configured to pull the virus definitions updates & dumb it to the mirror folder in my server & all workstations are configured to pull the updates from my server why it fails to do so when I disconnect the internet from the workstations only ??

Any help is highly appreciated.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It sounds like you have the update task configured to download updates from the ESET update servers instead of the local mirror.

3. adscnet

Hi Marcos,

I have created 2 Configuration files one for the main server which suppose to pull the updates from ESET site & the other one for the PCs on the LAN to pull the updates from the Mirror folder, but still not updating & in the client update setting it keep showing my main server IP address port 2221 as the update location!! I think i am still missing something.

4. adscnet

Changing the configuration file didn't effect the setting, So I had to change the update server in the policy editor ... now its working fine & reading the updates from the local mirror folder.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.