eset nod32 vs yahoo messenger

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kisuke, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kisuke

kisuke Registered Member

I've read the topics regarding same problems, but this time i think it's different.
    Whenever i receive files or i sent them the eset blocks them. If i disable web access protection, everything's working smooth...
    i don't know what's the solution. so if you can help me, do so. if you know a topic with the same problem solved, link me there...probably i missed it in my desperate actions of finding an answer to my problem.

i'm using windows 7 ultimate x86 and the version of eset is 4.0.437.0.

Thank you!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try the latest Eset version 4.2.71

3. kisuke

kisuke Registered Member

Thank you. I will.

Well, still the same problem. Any more suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Do you have the below or similar in the file transer window ?
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" --log-file=log.txt --action=clean
    Or see this ESET KB article
    Yes, it pertains to Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo should have something similar since most IM Clients are generally the same.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What's the approximate size of the files you send / receive?

6. kisuke

kisuke Registered Member

siljaline: nope. it's just an ip blocked by eset and the error it's the same as a warez link block. This web addresss has been blocked etc, etc.

Marcos: Does it really matter? I've tried with all kind of files from kbs to mbs: txts, rars, mp3s. The problem's still the same.

7. siljaline

I don't quite understand what your issue may be, kisuke, I have a client that runs Yahoo! Messenger under Win 7 and previously under Win XP Pro using EAV without any problems of note.

Have you tried the Yahoo! Forums ? I am at a loss as to what you do next.

Please state the build number of your IM Client, and other security software you may be running, however insignificant.

Thanks.

8. kisuke

kisuke Registered Member

Doesn't matter. I've managed to work it out finally.
    After i've upgraded the EAV, i went to Web Access Protection and at exlusions i've added the path to y!m and at protocol filtering/excluded applications i've checked the box of y!m. Apparently everything's ok now. So, thanks for assistance.

9. siljaline

Thanks for the update, I hope what you did to accomplish Yahoo! Messenger to work does not compromise your protection.

There were some remaining questions as to the size of the files that you transfer and the build number of Yahoo! IM.

Please keep us posted.

10. kisuke

kisuke Registered Member

I've already specified the size of files and the type too. The build of y!m is 10.0.0.1270.

11. siljaline

Unfortunately, ESET does not support IM products, options have been offered to you in previous replies.

It is suggested you seek help from Yahoo! regarding issues with file transers sizes and the protocol for that IM client.

You may exclude Yahoo! IM from real-time scanning, but, this is not recommended.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you make a demonstration video of the issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.