Eset NOD32 Version 4 EAMON.SYS causing BSOD

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by earlwer, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlwer

earlwer Registered Member

In a previous thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=263545
    you wrote "The issue with older Novell clients often resulting in BSOD is known, it's a bug that was fixed in the latest client build 4.91."

Is there another fix?

The reason I use the older Novell client (4.83) is because Novell broke the later release (4.91). It does not correctly place record locks which are required for some databases running on Novell.

I've only seen this problem on a single PC that I am rebuilding (Windows XP, Asus P4S800 mobo w/512 megs RAM).

I have dozens of other PCs that do NOT have this problem.
    I use Novell and Eset at almost all my clients.

This only happens when I shutdown the PC. Will ignoring the BSOD be a problem? It does trigger a warning when the PC is rebooted.

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Since the BSOD is a known bug with Novell that was fixed in their latest build 4.91, upgrading to this build is the best solution. What version of ESET are you running? It is best to directly address the issue with Novell client 4.91.
    A possible workaround would be to install ESET version 3.0.695, available here:
    http://www.eset.com/download

Also, when you ignore the BSOD, does ESET continue to function?

If you need further assistance, please contact ESET Customer Care at
    866-343-3738 (Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT)

Regards,
    Tye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.