ESET NOD32 Ver 4.2.58 Causes Computer Freeze

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by scams, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scams

scams Registered Member

Yesterday, I tried to install ver 4.2.58 on my Dell 8200 computer, on top of an existing Antivirus NOD32 program ver 4.2.40 and it froze at the starting service point during the install. I had to do a hard shutdown with the tower power button. I then uninstalled the existing NOD32 program and then tried to install the NOD32 ver 4.2.58 but it still ended up with a computer freeze.

I then tried to reinstall the earlier version 4.2.40 and it too froze a the point of installing NOD32. I did a hard reboot and after the desktop came up, it appears that the program did install since I saw the NOD32 icon in the notification tray, and was able to accomplish a data update. However I am uneasy at this point as to whether I have a full protective install.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated in how to stop the computer freeze, so I can install the latest Antivirus NOD 32 version. I should note that my Dell Dimension 8200 has windows XP Pro (SP3), Malwarebyte, and SpywareBlaster installed. As best as I can remember, I have not experienced any install problems in the past with NOD32. Thanks, Sam.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

as a guess try with MBAM disabled while installing?

3. scams

scams Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. I did shutdown the Malwarebyte program and the screen saver prior to the NOD32 install, uninstall and install again. Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.