Eset Nod32 v3.0.684 - Computer scan uses old version of virus signature database

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Deanna, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanna

Deanna Registered Member

Hi, i'm currently using Eset Nod32 v3.0.684 antivirus, I can update the latest virus signature database which is 3998, but when i click on Computer Scan to scan my computer, it stated saying Version of virus signature database used is 3995. Isn't it should be using the ones that I've updated which is 3998 instead of 3995? If the version of virus signature database used in Computer scan is 3995, then the scanning does not have the latest virus signature database to scan my computer. May I know what is the problem?

2. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Have you tried ending the EGUI process, and then launching NOD32 client again?

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I'm not getting this behavior on my machine. Have you tried restarting your computer?

Regards,

Mark.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you post a screenshot? I guess you overlook that the message shows the version of the sign. database used for the last scan.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

This ^^

The signature is last scan not current scan.

6. Meardon

Meardon Registered Member

In V4 the correct expression is used.
    In v3 the old scan version is shown under the last scan details, therefore is the virus signature used for that scan.

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Incorrect, in v4, the DB used in the last scan is shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.