ESET NOD32 slows web browsing.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sbowling, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbowling

sbowling Registered Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I tried teh ESET nod32 trial versionand really liked it. After the trial expired I bought the full version. MY internet speeds instantly dropped to 1/4th of what they were. Every page loaded lagged for several seconds brfore it would actually show and downloading even smal files took forever.

I thought at first that maybe it was a corrupted install, so I reinstalled, but the same thing happened., I noticed that if I disable the antivirus it doesn't make any difference in speeds, so I went to the extreme and did a complete reinstall of windows. I checked a few we sites as soon as I reinstalled and they loaded fine. I installed NOD32 again and everything slowed to a crawl again. I tried going into the settings and disableing ALL internet scanning and it makes no difference.

I did tests at many places such as and found that my browsing and download speeds are less than 25% of what they should be with nod32 installed (regardless of it being disabled or not).

So, the big question is, how do I get this program back to the way it was when I only had the demo? The paid version of this program is complete garbage and definitely isn't worth the money I paid for it.:mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.