ESET NOD32 or Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (5 days to decide, please help)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mjnoles1, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjnoles1

mjnoles1 Registered Member

I currently have Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (had 2011 last year). I have 5 days remaining for my paid subscription.

I am debating in purchasing Kaspersky Internet Security again ($27.99 through amazon and can get for around $12 through Ebay).

I also received from my brother an unused ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4. So, it is free for me.

1) First of all since the disk I have is ESET NOD32 4. With the license number will I beable to receive ESET NOD32 5 for free since the license has not been used yet?

2) I know on Kaspersky if I type something on a search engine (lets just say google) Kaspersky has a green "K" next to confirmed safe websites. Does ESET have something of that sort that indicates a confirmed safe website?

3) From what I gathered through research it seems that ESET is less of a resource hog, BUT, from what I also read is that Kaspersky is overall a better protection software than ESET.

So, what kind of loss of protection will I incur if I use the free ESET NOD32 that my brother gave me in comparison to the Kaspersky Internet Security that I am used to?

2. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

First of all. You are comparing KIS with ESET Nod 32 Antivirus!!!
    which does not contain the firewall (Smart security have it).
    Ans. 1- Yes you are able to use your current license will be able to run with latest Vesion 5. without paying a single $
    Ans. 2- No Eset does not have that kind of a indication but it will block the website if the threat is found.
    Ans. 3- Do not compare two products, thats against forum rules, but both are excellent products, Both are silent. Less resource hog. I would say if you are being tempted to use Nod32 than first try the trial version so if you does not like it you won't run out your current license!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.