ESET NOD32 is AV Comparatives winner 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JasSolo, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Certainly is a pleasure to see opinions backed up by solid argumentation based on facts and science and free of bias as far as it's possible.

2. saffron

saffron Registered Member

That was one hell of a good post!

3. saffron

Look into their history.

4. saffron

Only if you consider behavior blocking to be the Holy Grail.

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I meant that you shouldn't expect to see released from eset new virus definitions updates for at least one week after the samples submissions :thumbd:

Good luck with nod - you'll need it :rolleyes:

6. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

That's a tremendously optimistic estimate.

7. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Yeah indeed :)

8. saffron

I've been using NOD32 for close on 6 years. No virus ever got past it.

Maybe I've been lucky. Half the posters on here claim NOD32 let them down.

Maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe I should scan with one of those free AVs people keep saying are much better than NOD32 in case I have 500 infections right now that NOD32 let through months ago and still doesn't detect because they haven't added the samples yet.

9. solcroft

The opinions of users about Eset can be generally divided into two categories. One of them come from users who have access to, or know how to find, current malware samples to do their own field-testing of various anti-malware products. The other comes from people who rely on testing organizations to do the work for them.

That being said, Eset has always been the darling of some testing organizations. I can only assume that one of the reasons for this is how hard Eset works to please them. Take, for example, the usual slovenly attitude of adding samples, which forms a shap contrast to their sudden vigor in performing the same task right before a major AV-C test.

10. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Ive used nod for some time now and frequentley use p2p and visit stupid sites where im bound to get some form of malware. nod has managed to catch everything - every single one.

I admit that they take forever in adding samples that you send them (and my submissions have been ignored on a number of occasions), and it is quite expensive, but nod does provide great protection and is light and extremely fast and therefore deserves its award.

11. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Nah! The hacks and shills jealous of the testing efficacy for Nod32 will not grant you that it performs better in tests (and the real world) than any of it's competitors. Never, ever had any kind of malware with Nod32 or Avira. But you don't want the best-get one of those lower tier boutique AVs that the crowd covets here.

12. solcroft

Funny how the same can be aptly used to describe you as well.

At any rate, it wouldn't be the setting of a new precedent if you were to be moderated for your lame, repetitious disparagements. Do you really think it's all that wise (or cool, perhaps) to continue parroting the same baseless attacks over and over?

13. saffron

I guess you missed the fact that I was taking the piss out of the forum in general. :)

"Fanbois" and "The Rest"?

You mean famous NOD bashers like Vampirfo (sp?) and VirusP - lamers who think a file is a virus because 2 or 3 scanners say so? :rolleyes:

How about a 3rd category: "People who can think for themselves and regularly see attempted attacks by new malware during the course of their everyday employment."?

I don't think they would be darlings for long if NOD32 was as crappy as many here claim. :)

Can you cite a few examples to back up that assumption?

14. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Since people can't stop from discussing the other posters rather than the specific topic in this thread, I think we'll call it a day and close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.