Eset NOD32 hangs at 33%

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kalu, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalu

kalu Registered Member

Greetings to all
    We are using eset nod32 business edition it's working preety fine.
    my problem is explained below.
    I have 2GB pendrive and whenever i try to scan it NOD hangs at 33% actually it's not hang it keeps on scanning and scanning and never pass 33%. I have also attached a snapshot.
    I hope you experienced guys will give me good suggestions
    Thanks
    kalu

Attached Files:

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

From the screenshot it looks like you've got some weird infinite folder structure there, with subfolder inside subfolder, a bit like russian dolls.

i.e. \new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\ new folder\

if you browse the pen drive does this folder structure actually exist, and if there's nothing actually in it, can you delete it?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

As DannyBoy noted, it looks like you've got a recursively-pointing subdirectory entry in the file system for USB flash drive.

I would suggest manually copying any files you wish to keep off of the SUB flash drive, and then either running CHKDSK against it to attempt a fix, or reformat it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. kalu

kalu Registered Member

hi dannyboy && agoretsky thankyou verymuch for your valuable suggestions.
    dannyboy yes i was able to browse the folders but while i tried to delete the folder it said "cannot delete file" and it won't let me remove the newfolder.

agoretsky thanks a million i did chkdsk f: /R /F and bang it solved the problem.
    but all the docs inside newfolder were gone thank god there were not so important document.

once again thankyou guys for the prompt suggestions
    kalu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.