ESET NOD32 for Linux on triple-boot on two drives

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jeep, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeep

jeep Registered Member

Hi,

I'm new to ESET, to Linux, and to this forum, so I've got several 00bs in my n00b status ;) .

I'm running a triple-boot desktop with Win 7 Pro on a 120 GB SSD, and Linux Ubuntu and Mint on a 320 GB Velociraptor (conventional HDD) :eek: .

I really only installed Linux for extra security for online banking and other financial transactions, and although I'm still on Windows more than on Linux, I made the transition to Linux pretty well and I could probably live without Windows if I had to.

I'm currently toggling between Ubuntu and Mint to see which one I like best, and eventually I'll probably just go to a dual-boot with Windows and my chosen Linux flavor.

Now I don't even currently have ESET installed -
    I'm waiting to hear the verdict here before I install a trial, and then most likely I'll purchase a license.

Currently my Windows drive is protected with select freeware (I do know a little about what I'm doing there), and my Linux drive is unprotected except for my Firefox security add-ons - which are primarily for more secure banking.

Question is, can I protect my whole computer with one ESET install?
    Or will I have to run separate security on each drive?

And if it's the second case, does that mean purchasing two licenses for one computer?
    (Because if that's the case, I'll probably stick with my freeware on my Windows drive and use ESET on the Linux drive.)

Thanks in advance for any advice, and I apologize for too much info.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello Jeep,
    see question 4.

you just need one licence for your triple boot.

you will need to install eset on all the operating systems you which to protect.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  3. jeep

jeep Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.