ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.650.0 released

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by agoretsky, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piranha

piranha Registered Member

....and you wont til Eset add this notification to future release. Many of us will be please if they do so

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As a reseller , we have many regular clients (simply not computer savvy users) who wouldn't appreciate such notifications .

You seem to read Eset's site and forum often and since such updates (from 621 to 642 or to 650 builds) are not high priority ones , it doesn't really matter if you will install the new build on the very first hour or two weeks later . The previous build will continue kicking viruses out and you will still have no problems :thumb:

PCU are important step and ESET have explained it many times especially year(s) ago when this question was modern with NOD32 v2 , 2.5 , 2.7 builds , etc...

3. chrizio

chrizio Guest

How unprofessional !
    Please explain that to my cousin, uncle and other friends/family members.
    They all aren't PC freaks. They won't definitely make this effort.
    So unfortunately NOD doesn't qualify to be recommended in circle of acquaintances.

4. piranha

piranha Registered Member

If new release dont fix security bug (not high priority ones), who care.... If HiTech_boy mean that, i understand and agree.

But, i agree with you that some other simple soft notify us of a new release, so why not NOD, our AV o_O Security is more than a bug fix release notification in my opinion. I do prefer a very good AV with no release notification vs an average AV with notification....

And do recommend nod to yours buddies. Because, NOD is one of the best. Period. Nothing is perfect.... ;) except v2.7 !!! :rolleyes: :D :thumb:

5. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Registered Member

The Remote Installer doesn't support this as a valid ESET installation file.

6. Chai

Chai Registered Member

I was about to ask this question (why I'm not getting notified of a newer version), but it seems I am not the only one. :)

I suggest an optional check box in setup (off by default) asking whether to enable automatic notification of all new product versions (not just PCUs). This way, everybody is happy. Average Joe will not get asked, and advanced users will know enough to find the option and check it on.

7. Jazeker

Jazeker Registered Member

Hello, I am new to ESET NOD32 and read good things about it.

However... I face a few flaws here that are quite strange on a newly installed computer:

1. The context menu (right-click in either windows explorer or any other file management software) offers me the choice to scan the selected files or directories. I know that NOD32 is said to be fast, but how can it scan 110GB in just 0 seconds? And it actually did... well... according to me it might have been one second. Latency etc. There's something very wrong there. When I download something I want to manually rescan it again and I do have a nice computer, but no way 110 GB is being scanned in 0 to 1 seconds... it looks as if it just looks what files are there and then reports them as being scanned. Quite odd because I have to wait for a minute for a mail with 8MB worth of files to be actually sent after the scanning took place. Something is very wrong here.

2. It seems the manual scan does not suffer this. It took 38 minutes to scan my 75 GB 10.000 RPM disk and my raid-1 dual 500 GB disks.

I would appreciate any remark on this. If I can just highlight all folders on a 500 GB disk and be told that the scan was complete in one second, then I wonder why it took the software 30 minutes when I asked for a manual scan of that same disk. o_O

8. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

it may be related to your settings.
    Please read (and use) this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=197509

further: ik might be possible that your quiestion will be moved to another or even a new thread as it does not really belong in this thread as far as i can see.

Greetings from holland
    Groeten uit Nederland

9. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hello,

When is the automatic update feature in EAV v. 3.0.650 going to be fixed ?
    It's not updating upon booting up the computer because it DOESN'T wait till a wireless connection is established and thus fails and you've got to wait 60 minutes before the auto-updater kicks in and have it updated.
    In the mean time, your computer might be infected by a virus that whose signature is on the definitions your computer couldn't get because of the updater/wireless connection problem.

I know Hi_Tech_boy offerd a work around on this annoying problem but it looks like the ESET modetators have overlooked this problem since to their standpoint it doesn't pose a risk to EAV 3.0 users but I can't agree on this.

Thanks,

Carlos

10. Jazeker

Jazeker Registered Member

Ah sorry. Thanks for showing me the correct thread. :)

11. i4u1

i4u1 Registered Member

does anyone else have such problem: sometimes after bootup EAV icon in tray isn't shown althou eset services is loaded and properly works. To access the main window i have to go to Stert menu and after closing main menu it again isn't minimized to tray and just disappearso_O

12. chpcrvr

chpcrvr Registered Member

I am currently running 3.0.551.0 which I recently purchased and installed. I am new to NOD32....after I download the 3.0.650.0 version, do I need to do an uninstall first or just proceed with the installation of the 650 version?

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can install the latest 3.0.650 over the previous build 3.0.551
    This can keep your settings .

Reboot after this type of install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.