ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 Download and Activation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MongrelCat, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try the following:
    - make sure that an Internet connection is established
    - in the activation window, choose to activate using a username/password
    - if a username and password is already entered, change either one a bit
    - confirm the change by clicking Activate
    - open the activation window again
    - now enter your username and password correctly
    - click Activate

Let us know if that works for you.

2. MarcR

MarcR Registered Member

FYI, in my opinion you shouldn't use CCleaner or any other registry cleaner. Registry cleaning is a fallacy. What possible performance benefits can you get from “cleaning up” unneeded registry entries and eliminating a few stray DLL files? Even in the best-case scenario the impact should be trivial at best. How can you balance those against the risk that the utility will “clean” (in other words, delete) something you really need, causing a program or even Windows to malfunction? The Registry is an enormous database and all this “Cleaning” really doesn’t amount to much…it's like “sweeping out one parking space in a parking lot the size of Montana.” Microsoft strongly discourages the use of Registry Cleaners as they serve no useful purpose and are potentially dangerous. The consensus from knowledgeable experts is that registry cleaners cause more harm than good, despite what the authors of these cleaners lead you to believe. At best, some registry cleaners may be relatively safe but provide no real benefit. I challgenge you to find a server administrator that uses registry cleaners on production servers and workstations. If you do use a registry cleaner, make sure you make a system restore point (that backs up the registry) before you use these cleaners. I would also make an image of your system partition as well.

Compare this to using your Registry Editor to surgically remove entries that are causing specific problems - for example stray entries from an old Antivirus program that is causing installation or other problems with your new AV. Even in this case, it is strongly recommended that you use the appropriate AV removal tool. Eset provides a list of removal tools here:

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. MongrelCat

MongrelCat Registered Member

Uninstalled version 4, re-install version 5 to try Marcos' suggestion. Put in username/password to update virus defs, Version 5 activated just fine this time (after many previous failures). :eek:

Do not know what changed, but I am finally activated. Thanks all! :D

4. Wallace

Wallace Registered Member

Blimey. I have finally managed to activate it!

Clearing the cache did the trick.

It shouldn't have been like this.

5. FrodPrefect

FrodPrefect Registered Member

I still cant activate NOD32 V5.
    Any other workaround that works?

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The activation servers are all up and running and instructions have been given in earlier messages in this thread about how to activate the software. At this point, I would suggest opening a ticket with ESET technical support so they can arrange to examine your system further in order to determine why the software is still not activating on your computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.