ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 and ESET Smart Security 5 Release Candidate available

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Marcos, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

2. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

The same for me on Windows 7\x64 bit

3. mbmalone

mbmalone Registered Member

The latest RC Blows up Windows 7 x86 Updates. :thumbd:

4. mbmalone

mbmalone Registered Member

I don't understand what I am doing wrong, but the RC firewall is blocking by ability to work remotely ...
    If anyone has any idea, or if I'm doing it completely wrong, please drop a hint. I have only made these three simple port forwards, but ESS keeps informing me that my firewall data is invalid, or something like that o_O

Attached Files:

5. tisazalay

tisazalay Registered Member

A work around for the update issue is to temporarily disable protocol filtering (it's located in setup -> advanced setup -> web and email -> protocol filtering) untick both parameters (restart if needed), then apply the updates and turn back the protocol filtering parameters. The problem existed since the beta but a later fix has been promised by Marcos.

6. Coccinelle

My great desire is Eset to check well before to launch the final version 5.
    I hope to not do the same mistake like Avast version 6 and released version which was not prepared and subsequently to remedying. This will be very sade. I would like to take the necessary Eset time(2\3 monts) and put one truth working final version.
    HIPS is an advanced development and indeed requires excellence.
    Please note my post.Thank you.
    ...p.s.Please, there is no fire.The Self Defence is not good at all to.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  7. ashishsingh1508

ashishsingh1508 Registered Member

+100

I already reported about self defence

8. ashishsingh1508

I want that bottom logo should be removed and placed where circled.
    This logo when clicked should take us to About section or ESET website.

Also the writing of "NOD32 Antivirus 5" can be improved.

Attached Files:

9. ashishsingh1508

Whatever it is. It must be rectified. a bug is always a bug

10. XPSP3x32

XPSP3x32 Registered Member

Hi,

I install latest AV beta over 4.2.71.2 and after reboot everything seams to be fine, until i start any app. Then my OS (XP SP3 x32) freez and only solution is to force reboot win? Btw, 4.2.71.2 working like a charm.

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I had some problems. uninstall via start menu, run removal utility from eset site, reboot and clean install, there were quite a few problems on this pc installing over a very stable v4.2.
    All seems ok (except hips blocking things it shouldnt!) after a clean install.

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

HIPS shouldn't block anything essential in automatic mode with rules unless you created your own blocking rules. Could you be please more specific as to what was blocked that shouldn't have been? Perhaps the appropriate records from your HIPS log might shed more light.

13. stratoc

stratoc Guest

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=301263
    there are several command line short cuts that disappear. they re appear with hips off.
    program is on defaults with parental control off.
    also I have sleep and screen saver disabled, after the pc is left doing nothing for for than an hour, the first application I launch takes forever to open ekrn 100% cpu after this it's back to normal again.
    it's on 3.2 gz quad with 4 gig ram.

14. XPSP3x32

XPSP3x32 Registered Member

@stratoc tnx for the tips, but i'm gonna wait to final release. No time to messing up with nod, especially when v4 working ok.

15. Nekromantik

Nekromantik Registered Member

i installed the RC on my laptop.
    Lets see if its better then KIS 2012.

16. stratoc

stratoc Guest

getting the old 'dns poisoning attack' every time I exit rift or WoW again! and now with a pop up.
    have not seen this since early v3.

17. vigen

vigen Registered Member

Very good evolution...The scan speed is improve, and the "Cloud Scanning" work well, the another improvements are efficient. Good work Eset team :thumb:

18. ashishsingh1508

Hi Already repoted but reporting again.
    There is no eset icon in action center in Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits

Attached Files:

19. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Sorry, but i Think that the current place for ESET logo is the right, dont forget they will have to add the ESET slogan on par with this ESET logo (We protect your digital worlds). Two ESET logos in the main window is not feasible, in my opinion (I know, i know... the ESET logo is like a jewel :p )

And regarding to the main title "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5" or "ESET Smart Security 5", i liked it in Previous Release, now that big letters seems funny, nothing seriously

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  20. Coccinelle

Eset 5 RC use much more RAM them version 4.2.
    I don't like that at all.
    The scan disk is verry light.Good job.:thumb:
    The guard logo have a lovely color(not agressive) and all colors en general.
    I like it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  21. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Receiving 25 HIPS notifications (all with Operation was allowed) during the update from Adobe Reader 10 to Adobe Reader 10.1 might be confusing for novice users (ESET Smart Security 5 RC - everything on default).

22. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Indeed it may, Firefox 5 updated today, it doesnt tell you anymore, you get uac prompt this prompted 26 pop ups with rule allowed, but may scare the $?!* outta some. A similar amount for adobe flash, may turn off the allowed messages (i am running on default.)
    just user interaction pop ups as default maybe?

23. Mr_Grumpy

Mr_Grumpy Guest

Where testing out Eset RC 5.0.84.0 Database 6211 everything were in default mode. I was giving Eset 5 something to work with to see how it react to malware. A malware file slip true the defense, but only to be pick up bye a Smart-scan. But my concern is the number of notifications I received from HIPS....110 is a scary number of notifications. I can easily imagine me that a normal user panic or being irritated to that number of HIPS notifications. I also tried to install Pinnacles Studio, and received again a great number of popups. It would be preferable to only received a notification when something demanding the users attention, otherwise you are likely going to be immune to the popups from Eset.

Best Regards and keep up the good work :)

Attached Files:

24. Coccinelle

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

25. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

On the known issues list are these two items:
    • GUI - Part of the additional information section for Parental control categories is not displayed properly.
    • GUI - Corrupt layout of window in Parental control prevents from assigning roles to an account in Windows 2000.
    Not sure how to interpret the first one. But on Windows 7 x64 I also can't assign roles to an account. See image 1. (Not that I am going to use parental control, but just to alert you. Also, some parents might want to set time limits for their children, seems like a good addition for version 5.1 to me.)

Furthermore, Cloud-Powered Process Information still (just like the beta) shows that sysinspector.exe is a running process. However it ain't running.

And like I earlier said, and others. It is rather pathetic you get a HIPS popup with action allowed upon performing common actions such as launching CCleaner or Task Manager. That kind of popups should be hidden by default since they might confuse novice users.
    Upon starting Task Manager the following HIPS log is created.
    Code:
    15-6-2011 21:23:01	C:\Windows\System32\consent.exe	Modify startup settings	HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\internat.exe	allowed	Automatic mode	

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.