Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sch1sm, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sch1sm

Sch1sm Guest

Updated - Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue - Coloumb Dialer

My father and I both use Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus, himself on his laptop and myself on my Workstation all in all I feel very confident with the protection NOD32 gives our systems without the burden of "heavy" packages such as Symantec or perhaps McAfee. I decided to run detection tools on his system earlier this afternoon, and the first scan I used was NOD32 - No issues as "per usual" but I know with Security you can never be complacent so I updated his Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Definitions to the 8th of July 2006 and scanned his system. It produced a dialer within an application called "The Groove Machine" for Macromedia Shockwave. I quarantined the file and it's going to be submitted for Eset as soon as my father boots his laptop later this evening but after running Spybot Search & Destory also as well as a-Squared, both of these produced negative results. Issues? Perhaps. Eset NOD32 certainly didn't see it as a threat. I visited the page on Lavasoft's website to read the threat just now, it's slipped said mind. The file extension was .asx which was unusual. :shifty:

Update - F-Secure Identify this is as Coloumb Dialer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2006
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Re: Updated - Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue - Coloumb Dialer

if you do no have "potentially dangerous applications" checked, then these spyware items will not be shown in a normal scan.

Just make sure you have run through the extra settings thread here - and you'll probably increase the effectiveness of your NOD32 protection system:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: Updated - Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus - Detection Issue - Coloumb Dialer

The asx extension is associated with Advanced Stream Redirector files which does not sound that it could carry a malicious code. To make sure I'd suggest that you submit the file to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.