ESET NOD 32 Anti Virus v 4 "Applying Computer Settings"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TwiztedTD, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiztedTD

TwiztedTD Registered Member

I have deployed NOD 32 Anti Virus v 4 to all of our computers in our office.

Everyday atleast half of them are having issues where they get hung at "Applying Computer Settings"

I have to do a total system restore, and then reinstallin ESET.

But then, most of them are having the same issue the next morning when they come in. Sitting at "Applying Computer Settings"

Please help! Im getting my butt kicked every morning I come in.

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

What operating system(s) do the clients have? Are they fully patched?

I would uninstall ESET, reboot the client, and then make sure the client has the lastest Microsoft patches applied, and finally install the latest version of ESET NOD32 (v4.2.71.2).

3. rcash

rcash Registered Member

We have had the same issue running Windows XP sp3 fully patched and would have to boot into safe mode remove Eset and then reinstall.

Upgrading to 4.2.71.2 does seem to help but with a few thousand computers it takes a while to upgrade.

In the meantime what has worked for us is to force the computer to power off (holding down the power button in our case), unplugging the network cable then turn the computer back on. It boots and stays at the “Applying Computer Settings” for very short time and jumps to the logon screen. Once at the logon screen plug the network cable back in and everything is ok.

4. TwiztedTD

I have tried the following, and i think its working. *cross fingers*

1) Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus (don't reboot after)
    2) Delete the "%programfiles%\ESET" directory (may not be present)
    3) Delete "%programfiles%\Common Files\ESET" directory (may not be present)
    4) Delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET" directory (may not be present)
    5) Delete the "HKLM\Software\ESET" registry key
    6) Delete the "HKCU\Software\ESET" registry key (I doubt this is necessary since the issue occurs before logon, but I did it, and this could be annoying for machines with multiple user profiles)
    7) Reboot
    8 ) Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus (newest version from ESET download website

5. TwiztedTD

Does anyone have a fix for this?

This is now happening on a Server 2003!!!

This is totally unacceptable!

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You haven't confirmed if it's happening with EAV 4.2.71 installed. If so, please generate a complete memory dump from the moment when the system is unresponsive and convey it to ESET for perusal.
    In the mean time, you can try disabling anti-stealth, self-defense and startup scan tasks to see if that makes a difference. It is important to narrow it down to a particular module that is causing the issue or is somehow involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.