ESET Mobile Uninstall problem

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by lxoxl, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lxoxl

lxoxl Registered Member

I went to omniahub.com to download this program it looked cool spec wise. I downloaded it cause I transfered a virus to my computer. So when I could not activate it, I tried to unstall it. I uninstalled everything except this: EsetOAMobile.exe. It will not leave my list on the Remove Programs. I use the Omnia i910. Please for the love that is all juicy tell me how to get rid of this. I do not want to Hard Reset my phone. I have not found a free contact back up prog yet. I have to many contact and other stuff. Please tell me.... :eek:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

how did you uninstall eset mobile, via remove programs? if not install it again and remove it via remove programs

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET does not distribute its software via RapidShare, Ziddu or similar file download services, so whatever you downloaded may not even be a copy of ESET Mobile Antivirus. It could be a piece of malware such as spyware, adware, a Trojan dialer or one of those programs which sends SMSes to premium services.

I would strongly suggest that you perform a hard reset of your Samsung Omnia i910 and erase all of its contents, as well as any memory cards installed in it. This will erase anything malicious on your phone that might have been in the download.

If you would like to try ESET Mobile Antivirus, I would suggest that you contact your local ESET reseller, distributor or office and obtain a copy for evaluation from them. They can also assist you with installation and answer any questions you might have about support.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. lxoxl

lxoxl Registered Member

Thank you, however I did not know that omniahub holds bad programs. ty tho. know of any free back ups for contacts? lol

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have only used ActiveSync under Windows XP and Windows Mobile Device Center under Windows Vista to synchronize my contacts with Microsoft Outlook.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.