ESET Mobile Security for Android - Keeps whining about mounting SD Card

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Richard Conram, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Conram

Richard Conram Registered Member

I have a Motorola DROID RAZR with Android (custom) Gingerbread.
    When connecting the phone to a PC, the SD Card gets unmounted as "storage" causing Eset to tell me to mount it again. The "unmounting" is done as default behaviour by the phone it self.

It is not a big issue, and I do not know whom to blame, but if someone has a similar "problem" and has a workaround it would be appreciated.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I've had this issue myself. Generally, if I click the 'safely remove hardware or eject media' icon in the SysTray before pulling the USB cord out, within 30 seconds or so the SD card will remount and the ESET warning will go away.

There are times it doesn't and the only way I've found to fix this is by turning off the device, pulling the battery and then physically pulling the SD card out and back in. Replace battery, turn on the phone and all is well.

In order to figure out who was the cause of this issue, I uninstalled ESET. If I sync my phone to my PC, there are still times the SD card won't remount. Searching online it seems we're not the only ones reporting this. A lot of people are returning their phones. I personally don't think that's necessary for something as small as this but it can be annoying if you sync your phone and PC often.

So in short, you're not alone. I hope my suggestions above have helped a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.