ESET Mobile Security for Android Issues

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Lanod, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanod

Lanod Registered Member

I installed the RC version of ESET Mobile Security for Android from the android market place.

Recently, I got a message saying that an upgrade was available, which I dually installed.

This appeared to be the release version and I was invited to apply for a trial to activate the product, which I did, and received a confirmation email of same.

However, the product failed to activate and was constantly crashing and displaying a force close message.

So I uninstalled it. Now the app is not longer available in the android market.

What is up with all of that?

One more related question, I have 3 Eset Smart Security Licenses. If the mobile version is stable and available, I would probably like to buy 3 licenses of that. Is there a discount I can avail of?

Also, I notice the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is not listed as a supported Android version - will this be changing soon?

Thanks!

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Here is the information I have concerning your questions:
    ESET Mobile Security for Android is only available for web download at this time.
    Are you asking that since you have 3 ESET Smart Security licenses, would there be a discount buying 3 EMS for Android licenses? Or, is there a discount for buying 3 EMS for Android licenses? Either way, contact Sales or your local partner/distributor or check the website for special deals. Specifically, you may want to consider the ESET Family Security Pack.
    Our developers are always working on making our products compatible with the latest software versions, but Ice Cream Sandwich is not supported currently.

3. Bear207

Bear207 Registered Member

Sad, discouraging and borders on incompetent handling of ESET Mobile Security in my no so humble opinion.

First the "update" surprised users with trial or pay; then force closes; and was terribly difficult to uninstall. All the while with very little response from ESET.

All over the internet and on these forums users were seeking answers. The problem as I saw it, ESET wasn't responding except in a very select few locations.

Thank you for finally clearly stating answers to direct questions.

Sad that ESET Mobile Security is not compatible with Android ICS.

Any idea when it will be made compatible? I do not like the options yet don't like running without protection.

Really hope ESET treats mobile security with as much diligence as they do with the Windows pc versions. For many many years I have trusted and highly recommended it to everyone I dealt with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.