Eset Mobile Security - buying question and a issue.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by SBMongoos, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

Suddenly a small red circle with a white exclamation mark appeared in the top left corner of my phone. I should have been able to swipe from top down and the phone should displayed what this notification was. It does not. HTC states this is an ESET issue or short coming. Thought there was something else going on with my phone until I went into the Eset app and it said the trial expired. Not a big thing, obviously, but seems it should clearly list what the notification icon was.

I'm interesting in buying but I have some questions:
    1. I thought there was a $3.99 deal for first time buyers via Google. Don't see it now.
    2. If I do the transaction over the phone it's $9.99/yr (nice deal) but I have to setup a Google Wallet account. Don't want to do this but at least want the $9.99/yr price. Is there another way to pay other than Google Wallet. Heard there are still issues with the Wallet that have not been worked out yet.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I'm not sure where you saw a $3.99 price connected to Google Play and ESET Mobile Security but if you find an archived page or something that shows that price, we'd like to know.

I've checked with Google Play and with our Sales Department and the $9.99 price is only available on Google Play BUT from your phone only, you may be able to purchase from Google Play without using Google Wallet. See this line from their website:

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=167794

3. SBMongoos

Looks like it's the only option. Sounds like an uninstall. Available for $10 using the Wallet with known concerns. Or $20 from Eset. Guess I'll switch to Norton although I stopped using them years ago. Been with Eset (and a reseller) for some time. Have been reading concerns about Google Wallet for a while and prefer not to have my Verizon account charged with this transaction. By reading at your link it looks like Google Wallet is the option and it bills to your cell bill. I don't see an option to buy it from the Google Play web site via my PC.

It's possible I am wrong about the $3.99 at Google Play although I remember numbers well and was sure I saw it there when I first download EMS. Here's a link to a Google search with $3.99 results: https://www.google.com/search?q=ese...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a if it helps.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  4. SBMongoos

Okay. I found that I could add a CC to Google Wallet via my PCs web browser. Updated in not time and went to my phone to buy and it loaded the CC automatically. Was very fast. I can go back and delete the CC easily enough since I'm cautious about Google Wallet yet.

However, EMS still shows it trial even after it said it was activated. What?

Edit: restarted the phone. Seems to have cleared it. Is this normal? Will watch it.

5. SBMongoos

I see beta 2 is out. Sounds better but I have the license for 1.x. Can I switch to beta and then when it gets released use the license from 1.x?

6. SBMongoos

Anyone?

7. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello SBMongoos (Just some thoughts :) )

From the ESET Mobile Security for Android FAQ post 6, indicates that Eset covers versions updates . So I will definitely guess, that your license number you have for 1x will be valid for the new release when it is ready. ( I do have 2 mobile licenses so I'm counting on it too) I cannot imagine other, that the good licence terms as we know for nod32 products also will apply for Eset mobile security. (so long as we have a valid License).

Regards, Janus

8. SBMongoos

Makes sense that they would treat it like their PC software. I'm tempted to load Mobile v2. Think I will and then when it goes live just use my license. Guessing their will be an update to go to the actual release or uninstall and reinstall.

9. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Past practice has been that version updates are free between ESET's programs. If a program is phased-out, the customer gets the program which replaces it for the duration of their license. For example

ESET Mobile AntivirusESET Mobile Security
    ESET Smart Security Business EditionESET Endpoint Security

When a new product that offers greatly enhanced functionality comes out, existing customers may be able to upgrade for a reduced fee. That varies on the product, though. An example would be when NOD32 v2.70.39 was the latest release and ESET NOD32 Antivirus/ESET Smart Security 3 came out. If I recall correctly, existing NOD32 customers were able to upgrade to ESET Smart Security at a discount.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

10. SBMongoos

Apparently, it's safe to assume then that Mobile Security v1 owners will be able to upgrade to v2. So far not seeing major changes accept for the UI is clearer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.