Eset Mobile equals bricked phone

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by mobilejunk, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobilejunk

mobilejunk Registered Member

ESET Mobile turned my phone into a brick - they just lost a long term customer. It will not acknowledge the unlock code or send the SMS password reset message to the trusted friends. The only way the phone will turn off is to remove the battery; reinserting the battery sends stolen phone messages to the trusted friends... it is junk and very DANGEROUS! DO NOT INSTALL!

Removing the SIM card did not work; phone will not reset using the power and volume buttons. As a desktop user of NOD32 for several years I question a company that would release, even a beta, that could destroy the platform. What is hidden in the other products that could dehabilitate a desktop or for that matter, a server/network?

I will not renew my antivirus.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

They pulled this from the Android market (still not there) because there was so many problems with the beta.

£17/$30/year for this product is a joke, with so many basic problems.

You would be much better using a free option such as Avast; highly recommended.

3. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

I rotflmao every time I read one of these kinds of posts...

*You* choose to install a *beta* version of a *brand* *new* *product* (it is on a completely new platform, so it is by definition a brand new product) on your phone, which is apparently *mission critical* to you, then complain when something goes south. I have a word to describe people like you, but I'll leave it to your imagination...

You do realize that an Antivirus app like this *must* operate at a much lower level than most other apps, don't you? Do you have any idea how many different combinations of things could have combined to cause your problem? It could be a major bug in the phones firmware that the ESET app just happened to trigger, or it could be a major bug in one (or more) of your *other* apps that conflicted with the ESET app to the point that it caused this problem - or it could be any combination of those.

The fact of the matter is, *every* antivirus provider has had problems like these, some much worse than others, and switching products just because of one single bad experience - especially with a *beta* version - is just plain STUPID.

So, go right ahead, switch from one of the best AV solutions around, then go home and cry to mommy and she will kiss it, put a bandaid on it and make it all better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.