ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server - Mail Server Antispam

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by pertlwer, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pertlwer

pertlwer Registered Member

Hey there,
    I'm using ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server (v4.2.10016.0) and can't get Mail Server Antispam to work. Antivirus and Antispam are activated, Antivirus works fine, Antispam doesn't do anything.
    In Statistics: Mail server antispam protection all messages are shown as "Not scanned".
    Also contacted support last saturday, but didn't get a answer yet. Has anyone any idea?
    Thx in advance!
    Werner

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello pertlwer,

The manual last week included the paragraph below. The current manual, released on the 19th, doesn't however.

"There are two types of licence available for ESET Mail Security. One unlocks all ESET Mail Security-related features except Antispam, the second one unlocks
    everything without restriction. If the first one is used, all antispam-related features will be unavailable within ESET Mail Security."

BFG

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. pertlwer

Hello BFG,
    thanks for your answer, but if the license would have this restriction, would
    antispam then act as activated in the product but (it's fully configurable and it's activated in the control panel) simply wouldnt work then.
    I have a one month trial license, stated on 15.04. and it says "ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server".
    I'm running a fresh installed SBS2008 with all Updates and Patches installed.
    Thx!
    Werner

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi pertlwer,

You're most likely right and the fact that the information wasn't included in the new manual makes me think that we've eliminated the different licenses. I haven't even heard that it was an option until reading it last night.

BFG

5. pertlwer

Today I received an answer for my support case stating that ESMX is not yet supported on SBS2008 cause of problems with the implementation of transport agents?! i'll have to wait for an future release of ESMX.

Is that true? I couldn't find anything on the ESET Website stating so.....

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Intersting...since about 1 week ago, there was a thread about ESMX causing problems on another persons SBS08 box...and an Eset staff replied in the post.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=271622
    One would think that it it were not supported on SBS08, the staff would have posted so. So somewhere along the line..one or the other isn't informed on the product properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.