ESET locks W7. Any new ideas?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pradhan, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pradhan

pradhan Registered Member

Greetings,
    I am a long time ESET subscriber. I am attempting to clean up a friends W7 notebook.They reloaded their W7, then installed Avast, then AVG. The system started to hang. So, I am thinking AV conflict.

So...I used each tools cleanup to completely uninstall both (NOTE: Not just the UNINSTALL, but the clean-up utility). W7 runs great. I turn off and DISABLE Defender, just in case.

I load ESET 6.0 trial, and kaboom, Windows totally hangs up, runs terribly. Diasable ESET services and it runs fine.

It would appear there is still something running which conflicts with ESET but I have no idea what/how to find. I have performed clean start-ups using msconfig. Eset is the culprit. Everything else is running fine without the eset. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Pradhan

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does renaming any of the following files in safe mode make the problem go away?
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ehdrv.sys
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamonm.sys

3. pradhan

pradhan Registered Member

I am in the process of completely cleaning all residual fragments and will re-load ESET. Should this still hang, I'll try this suggestion.

Pradhan

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You may also wish to try scanning the system with an ESET SysRescue disc just to verify there is no malware present which could be interfering with the installation/running of ESET NOD32 Antivirus on the system.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.