Eset Live installer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Speedytwitch, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedytwitch

Speedytwitch Registered Member

I have recieved an email from eset to upgrade my smart security and it says that I should download eset live installer but when I start the download I get an error message:

A network error has occurred while attempting to read from the file:
    C:\DOCUMEN~1\Owner\LOCAL~1\Temp\EsetTempDir|ei_720.msi

I have tried to download it 6 times now and I keep getting the same message.
    What am I doing wrong? Do I need to uninstall the eset smart security that I already have loaded to be able to install the eset live installero_O?:eek:
    Please help!!!!

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

You shouldn't have to uninstall the previous version. Have you tried clearing out your temporary internet files in your browser? Is the user you're logged in as an administrative account?

Thanks,

Matt

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you search for ei_720.msi in the temp file, is it actually there? If it is and you run it, what happens?

4. Speedytwitch

Thank for your replies. I have cleared all cookies and temporary internet file and when I go into the temporary files I can't find ei_720mis file. Why is it not downloadingo_O

Cate

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Perhaps an issue with the amount of temporary files on the system.

Try restarting the computer (to complete any file-based operations which may be using the temporary directory and relying on a restart to be processed), then run the Disk Cleanup Wizard (filename: CLEANMGR.EXE) to empty the temporary file directories on the computer. You might also want to consider running a Chkdsk against the C: disk volume just to make sure there are no problems with its file system.

When finished, try running ESET Live Install again to download ESET Smart Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Speedytwitch

Thanks i did what you said, and despite my best efforts eset live installer installed without my assistane or hinderance more likely. Thank you for all your help :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.