ESET Licences

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by raulc08, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raulc08

raulc08 Registered Member

I currently have eset for my network, and at the moment we are close to finishing up the licences that we bought. Now i do know the best solution would be buy more keys, but they are not set to expire till a couple of months from now so Admin wants to wait on that. However i was hoping if there is a way to use licences of old PCs that are no longer in use. I dont know if there is anyway to use previous PCs licences on a new PC I'm going to join to the network today.

any help would be appreciated.

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

There should be no issues using the licenses on the old machines as long as theyre current, and multiple workstations are not using them.

Regards,

Jesus

3. raulc08

hello thanks for the reply, though i should clear up my question more.

I have old machines that have ESET installed. We no longer use them and at the same time I'm running out of licences for new PCs. Is there anyway for me to use the licences of the old machines to and apply them to the new PCs. Either a yes or a no from here on, and if its a yes then what is the proper way to reuse these licenses.

4. JesusV

Yes you can reuse them, again as long as they are current and the old workstations as no longer in use. If you are using ESET
    Remote Administrator, and the old machines are reporting to the console, the old machines will need to stop reporting to the console.

Regards,

Jesus

5. raulc08

thank you jesus, this helped out a lot and now I'm good with licences. Thank again

6. JesusV

No Problem.

Regards,

Jesus

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

your reseller or ESET can increase your license and it would be pro-rated - ie, if you only have 2 months left, you would get a quote for the additional licenses for ONLY 2 months - then your renewal would be for the higher count (which might take you past a price-break).

I would recommend NOT waiting - but upgrading now at the pro-rated cost, because the first period for those new licenses is based on NEW prices - better to do that now, when you only pay for a pro-rated portion, than 1 or 2 years of new time for the new licenses you add at renewal time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.