eset internet security promotional price

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Superman20, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superman20

Superman20 Registered Member

are there any eset internet security promotional deals for UK out ?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Have you checked if Amazon or eBay got any deals on ESS?

3. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Personally I will never (try) to buy anything from Play.com ever again!

I was going to buy a boxed version of ESS from Play.com that I wanted to be shipped to Sweden, and it looked like it was going to happen since they claimed that all their items with the price tag set to € = Euro is shipping all over Europe, great I thought.

But when I was going to finish the transaction the page said "this item can only be delivered to an UK adress" And I didn't understand a thing since this item DID got the €=Euro = Europe shipping. But No it wasn't going to work.

So I contacted the Play.com Support and explained what happened, and that this was the ONLY item that I wanted to buy from them.
    And they replied with that they were able to ship this particular item to an UK adress Only!

Then I replied "OK Fine", but that I would like to have my Play.com account Closed/Deleted, since they didn't offer anything else that I was interested in.

Then Play.com replied that I would have to make a (phone) call to their Customer Service Department and explain what happened, and why I would like to have my account closed.

But I did never call them to explain why since that feels really ridiculous,
    since all I wanted was to get my Play.com account closed that I had created to buy ONE item and nothing more!

So Play.com is a :thumbd: for me unfortunately!

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I strongly recommend NOT buying ESET licenses on Ebay - resellers such as ourselves are not selling those licenses on ebay due to restrictions in our reseller agreement.

We have had fraudulent orders to our online store who use stolen credit cards - those are detected mostly at time of purchase, but once in a while a fraudulent order might get through - once this happened and when the license was cancelled, the phone rang, and rang and rang - with customers of some ebay seller who turned that $39.99 license into a LOT of money by selling the same license time and time and time again to people who bought a "deal" on ebay.

Buyer beware on ebay - you will not find legitimate reseller of ESET selling licenses on ebay, and you might well find a lot of STOLEN software there.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

@webyourbusiness

So is Amazon OK then?

7. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

Now £12.99!

8. webyourbusiness

That is your call. I won't buy software on amazon unless it is from the manufacturer's own estore through amazon or unless the vendor has THOUSANDS of positive feedbacks.

I see ESET llc has old v3.0 boxed licenses on Amazon - but it's still more $$$ then an electronic download... so that's not really helful - who needs a v3.0 CD-ROM these days? We send out v4.2 backups and keeps ours up to date with the latest releases... if you need a backup CD, you don't want v3.0 - you're only buying the activation code to get the latest version I would think...

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Well, I won't buy from Amazon either ;)

It was more like if it is OK to tell some one about a "deal" that's available for a short time etc..Or is Amazon as bad as it seems that eBay is according to your experience.

10. webyourbusiness

I have always been careful buying online - and I think Amazon does a better job of policing the scammers - but no method is 100% safe other than ESET directly or an authorized partner - and those are listed on the partner section of the website.

If you are looking for a deal - contact a partner and ask if they have any deals - most of the time they have something running - even if it's not publicly advertized to stay within partner guidelines.

If you find a super special, sounds too good to be true deal - it might be... buyer beware.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Here is a good deal. ;)

12. AdamL

AdamL Registered Member

Thanks for the link, good saving :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.